High Seas Gift Set - Has anyone purchased this? Any other ideas for a gift?

TaraSal

When my Dad and stepmom sailed on Princess last year, I bought them a "balcony dining experience" - where they brought them a multiple-course meal on their balcony. They LOVED it.

I know Carnival doesn't offer that, but does anyone know if you can buy someone else "passes" to the specialty restaurants? That would make a fabulous gift - most people here seem to agree that it's a wonderful experience.

I'd like to surprise my daughter and her husband; in looking at the picture it looks like a cardboard box: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=MostPopularItems&pid=7W#_ Wondering if this is worth the money or if another gift may be nicer :)

Thanks!

I did it for me and my wife on a cruise last year... If you price out what is in it separately it is a "deal"... We used the shirts/visors/towels, drank the bubbly... the glasses, I'm not sure made it home.

I purchased this a couple of weeks ago on our Valor cruise. I got the anniversary version to suprise my wife and we both thought it was worth the price. The photo coupon was for $15.00 towards any pictures, the drink coupons were good for 4 regular bar drinks, the beach towel was nice as well as the two Carnival tee shirts and sun visors(extra large on the tee shirts), and of course the champagne and glasses. I thought it was a decent value and it definately put a smile on my wife's face for my effort.

When my Dad and stepmom sailed on Princess last year, I bought them a "balcony dining experience" - where they brought them a multiple-course meal on their balcony. They LOVED it.

I know Carnival doesn't offer that, but does anyone know if you can buy someone else "passes" to the specialty restaurants? That would make a fabulous gift - most people here seem to agree that it's a wonderful experience.

I don't know if you can pre-purchase the supper club for someone, but I agree that that would be a great gift. We did the supper club one night and it was well worth the price and cheaper than the gift set.

I don't think you can pay for the supper club ahead but, you can make a reservation on line and buy funship dollars and apply them to their on board account to pay for it. you could put all the info in a card and give it to them before they leave telling them not to open until on the ship. Just a thought.

Archived