UK/Europe New Cancellation,Transfer Policy & Deposit Increase

That doesn't sound right to me - was the price drop was as a result of changing cabins or were they in the same category??? My understanding is that if you change cabin grade and there is a lower price difference then you pay 1 fee - if the grade is more expensive then you don't pay. The only way you should have to pay for 2 alterations is if the cabin change was in the same grade and involved a price drop simultaneously.

Ken

Rest assured I don't let things get by me lightly, especially when it come to paying money:D;). I only paid for 1 alteration pp!!! mind you I think that is what you meant. What I have highlighted in red in your response is exactly what we did.

John.

Ok an example -

E1 was £600 now £500

D1 was £700 now £620

So if you had an E1 you could in effect upgrade to the D1 for £20 more without admin fee or stick with E1 and pay £35 or use it as your 1 free admin fee?

Is that correct?

That's my understanding of the new terms.

Ken

Rest assured I don't let things get by me lightly, especially when it come to paying money:D;). I only paid for 1 alteration pp!!! mind you I think that is what you meant. What I have highlighted in red in your response is exactly what we did.

John.

Have you already used up your 'free' first alteration then??

Ken

The email from RCI

Under the new conditions, every guest will be allowed one amendment for free and if you are upgrading and the total cruise cost increases as a result, then there is no fee charged, so you will still hopefully be able to take advantage of higher stateroom categories becoming available or price drops, without a fee, although this cannot be guaranteed !!!!!!

All bases covered !!

jj......

Yes, that's my understanding of the new rules - we'd just better hope that the staff at RCI UK understand too!!

Ken

Have you already used up your 'free' first alteration then??

Ken

Ken,

The free 1st alteration was to change cabins or get the price reduction(whichever one you wish to choose) and the 35GBP admin fee was for the one you didn't choose!!!

They are saying although these alterations were done at the same time they still constitute 2 SEPERATE changes:(. That is their interpretation of the new T&C's. And we did talk with 3 different people at RCCL including a Supervisor:mad:

John.

Ken,

The free 1st alteration was to change cabins or get the price reduction(whichever one you wish to choose) and the 35GBP admin fee was for the one you didn't choose!!!

They are saying although these alterations were done at the same time they still constitute 2 SEPERATE changes:(. That is their interpretation of the new T&C's.

John.

Ah so John in that case you perhaps you did this example-

E1 price was £600 now £500

D1 price was £700 now £550

So going from E1 to the D1 ..is upgrade but not higher in price than original E1. So under new rules that would be 2 changes.

Is that correct?

Ah so John in that case you perhaps you did this example-

E1 price was £600 now £500

D1 price was £700 now £550

So going from E1 to the D1 ..is upgrade but not higher in price than original E1. So under new rules that would be 2 changes.

Is that correct?

Liz, Actually we were in an E1 aft cabin but then saw a Corner Aft cabin that showed as available on that site I am not allowed to mention;) or I will get another ban:eek:. The Corner Aft was actually an E2.

John.

Liz, Actually we were in an E1 aft cabin but then saw a Corner Aft cabin that showed as available on that site I am not allowed to mention;) or I will get another ban:eek:. The Corner Aft was actually an E2.

John.

Was the corner aft cabin showing on RCCL UK's site also?

Certainly wasn't, nor did the cabin we freed up go back onto the site!!!!

John.

Well me personally...I would fight the charges.

How can RCCL UK expect you to get the cabin you want when they arent showing the cabins available on their flipping site :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrr

How can RCCL UK expect you to get the cabin you want when they arent showing the cabins available on their flipping site :mad: Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Liz, I think we have all come to realize lately, they have become a law unto themselves and have total disregard to any Customer Loyalty, from us D+ members all the way down.

The latest advertising theme should be ------"Why Not" take it or leave it:p;)

Liz, I think we have all come to realize lately, they have become a law unto themselves and have total disregard to any Customer Loyalty, from us D+ members all the way down.

Totally agree John and in relation to Why Not...well I was all ready to book another cruise with UK office but instead booked it with US TA. Why Not eh ;)

Oh dont start me on that stupid Why Not Ad we have here on the TV now...geez...yawn...boring :p

Bring back the golf and the horn...that made me actually look at the TV...and the dog run for cover as I danced and sang along to "wake up its a beautiful morning" :o

:mad::mad::mad:

just had an advertising email from our TA about our cruise. Obviously a blanket type email sent to everyone who is registered with them.

The price of our cruise in a 4 berth cabin has dropped £1,000:mad: and seeing as when we booked 12 months ago we were told we got one of the last 4 berth cabins available I am really annoyed, especially as we really wanted a 3 berth but they had no availability at all, and we were told that they were the same price anyway, so we asked one of our other sons to come with us. Now, they are advertising 3 berths at £1600 lower than we have paid.

I assume that these have opened up on cancellatiions at the time the balance payment was due, but it now makes me wish we had waited and booked now. We didnt risk it as we were told anything above a 2 berth was unlikely to still be around as a late booking.

The email carried the strapline about being for new bookings only:mad: I really feel like cancelling and re booking. And to know that if we lived in the US a £1000 would bbe winging its way back to me is a not a great feeling.

I would rather not have known, how stupid of the TA to send such an email.

Rant over:o

A point i pointed out to the Head of Europe when he was on the phone to me - i said how come Celebrity and Azamara allow you to look for specific cabins but you can't on the RCI site - he was shocked and promised to look into it ( no word back )

jj.....

LOL

jj....

Just re reading some of the earlier posts and would like some clarification if possible:D

Can a UK TA refuse to pass on the price drop now citing "cruise lines rules"?

Are these cruise line rules or is it open to interpretation?

Would there be any point cancelling and re booking?

I know I should just accept that we were happy with and move on (asmy OH has just told me) but £1000 is a significant price drop, and if there is any room for negotiation i would like to try.

Any help really appreciated.

A point i pointed out to the Head of Europe when he was on the phone to me - i said how come Celebrity and Azamara allow you to look for specific cabins but you can't on the RCI site - he was shocked and promised to look into it ( no word back )

jj.....

A liitle off topic I know, but this situation where all available cabins are not shown is ridiculous. I was investigating a specific sailing next April on Mariner and RCI were showing 5 D1 cabins online whereas a large UK TA was showing 15! I have made this point on the thread which is asking for our thoughts to be mentioned at the event to be held in Dover later this month. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=999634&page=3

Just re reading some of the earlier posts and would like some clarification if possible:D

Can a UK TA refuse to pass on the price drop now citing "cruise lines rules"?

Are these cruise line rules or is it open to interpretation? .

Suggest you check on the royalcaribbean.co.uk web site to see if the price has gone down in general or if this is a special TA offer - if in doubt speak to RCI directly and get a fresh quote for a similar cabin. Your TA could be refusing to pass on a drop that you may be entitled to.

Would there be any point cancelling and re booking?.

Only if you have not already paid your final balance and I suspect you have.

I know I should just accept that we were happy with and move on (asmy OH has just told me) but £1000 is a significant price drop, and if there is any room for negotiation i would like to try.

Any help really appreciated.

Don't just roll and leave it - kick up a stink. You're £1000 out of pocket for no fault of your own. RCI allow existing bookings to benefit from price drops - why should you lose out. At the very least your TA should give you some onboard credit to compensate.

Ken

Thank you for the response, we are in the UK so not sure if the same rules apply.

As you suspected we have paid our final balance, but I willl do as you suggest and see if the cost via RCL is the same or lower than we hve paid.

I am in the UK too .... yes the price drop rules apply here that's why I say to you kick up a stink (I know it's not very British LOL) - BUT what have you got to lose, or put it another way look what you've got to gain (£1000!!!!)????

Good luck and keep us posted

Ken

Thank you for the response, we are in the UK so not sure if the same rules apply.

As you suspected we have paid our final balance, but I willl do as you suggest and see if the cost via RCL is the same or lower than we hve paid.

Sorry just home from work and catching up here.

Poet123 ..if when you look at RCCL UK's site and you see your cabin category has gone down,phone your TA and request the price drop if they say no then request to speak to a supervisor. If they still say no then request a three way call with them,you and RCCL UK.

Just because you are in UK doesnt mean you dont get price drops and even after final payment you can get one,although then it is paid as refund to your credit card.

If you need any more help please post here.

looking on the US site there are hot deal offers to the panama canal on the 30th November and 11th December. It does not even show on the UK web site??

Is that on the Jewel?

If so, it is on the UK site but not in Hot Deal offers. You might find it appears as a Hot Deal offer later in the week on UK site.

This happened with my Navigator transatlantic...it was Hot Deal on US site and then few days later it had price drop on UK site.

:mad::mad::mad:

just had an advertising email from our TA about our cruise. Obviously a blanket type email sent to everyone who is registered with them.

The price of our cruise in a 4 berth cabin has dropped £1,000:mad: and seeing as when we booked 12 months ago we were told we got one of the last 4 berth cabins available I am really annoyed, especially as we really wanted a 3 berth but they had no availability at all, and we were told that they were the same price anyway, so we asked one of our other sons to come with us. Now, they are advertising 3 berths at £1600 lower than we have paid.

I assume that these have opened up on cancellatiions at the time the balance payment was due, but it now makes me wish we had waited and booked now. We didnt risk it as we were told anything above a 2 berth was unlikely to still be around as a late booking.

The email carried the strapline about being for new bookings only:mad: I really feel like cancelling and re booking. And to know that if we lived in the US a £1000 would bbe winging its way back to me is a not a great feeling.

I would rather not have known, how stupid of the TA to send such an email.

Rant over:o

Hi Poet

I have also received an e-mail offer for your sailing from a TA (whose name claims them to be Kings of Cruise???). Out of interest I compared their rates to the rates on the RCI site - and what a difference!!!

TA offer Junior Suite = £1799pp, RCI = £3100pp

TA offer cheapest Balcony = £1499, RCI = £1930

TA offer cheapest 4 berth outside = £3799 total, RCI = £6000 (inc 1 child)

TA offer cheapest inside = £1299, RCI = £1930

So, perhaps this TA is trying to offload its remaining allocation??? I have checked on overall availability and there are still some cabins in most grades. Obviously I don't know what rates RCI started out with but I'm amazed that this TA has such big discounts to offer. I really can't understand why Independence is SO expensive out of Southampton in the first place - captive market?

Anyway. if this is your situation then I guess all you can do is call your TA and see if there is any mileage in getting some onboard credit due to your having paid such a big premium on their current rates. I have only dealt with this TA once before, got a £300pp better rate from them on a Cunard cruise and found them to be very helpful. You can but try.

Hope this helps

Ken

Yes, this is the same TA. I have to say I was very happy with their service and with the price, until I got the email:D

I got another one today too, and it has gone down again!

Ok, so I called RCI and asked what their policy was, she said they did allow some TA's to price drop their allocations but that these were non convertible prices, meaning for new customers only. She gave me a quote for the cabin we have now, and it was £2000 more than we paid, so I am non plussed really as to how the TA can offer that self same cabin for approx £3000 lower THAN RCI:confused: She implied thatt he prices in the email were just a hook to get you to phone the TA and that you would not actually get that price if you wanted to book.

So I rang the TA who said it was down to RCI and that they would ring and ask if the prices can be applied to bookings already made. She called me back and predictably the answer was "No"

So, as it stands now I have still paid approx £2000 less than RCI want if I went direct to RCI today, but £1000 more than if I went direct today with my TA.

I can't fathom out how that can be, as they are both selling the same cabin, on the same sailing, and according to the TA it is up to RCI what price is charged:confused:

Can anyone enlighten me?

I think the lesson I have learned is not to book early, but to wait until the final payments are in and then await the price drops due to cancellation.

I would be interested to know if the price in the email would be honoured, £3799 for a 4 berth inside cabin, If anyone would like to check?

Archived