UK/Europe New Cancellation,Transfer Policy & Deposit Increase

Well Liz if the Dollar rate falls close to $1.49 you could end up paying more - but at the minute your on a winner lol

I agree Sailer it makes no sense to book in the UK !!

jj......

Plus she always has the option to cancel without penalty and re book in the UK if there is a better offer nearer the sailing. Can't lose really!

Do you think by offering the early booking discounts and OBC amounts currently being advertised, RCI are trying to mitigate some of the changes in T&C's to encourage UK cruisers to book early?

For example, a JS on an Adventure Med cruise in Sept 2010 is attracting a £200 early booking discount, and with the 5% online discount this amounted to a £384 reduction. Then there's $100 OBC.

There's a very long list of 2010 cruises that qualify for these discounts.

I also contacted the flight desk today and upgraded our flight seats to Premium Economy on our Virgin flight for the same amount as Virgin are charging. I thought this was interesting as the last time I enquired about this, RCI wanted approximately £200 more than Virgin wanted to upgrade.

Do you reckon I've used up my free amendment now?

Do you think by offering the early booking discounts and OBC amounts currently being advertised, RCI are trying to mitigate some of the changes in T&C's to encourage UK cruisers to book early?

For example, a JS on an Adventure Med cruise in Sept 2010 is attracting a £200 early booking discount, and with the 5% online discount this amounted to a £384 reduction. Then there's $100 OBC.

There's a very long list of 2010 cruises that qualify for these discounts.

I also contacted the flight desk today and upgraded our flight seats to Premium Economy on our Virgin flight for the same amount as Virgin are charging. I thought this was interesting as the last time I enquired about this, RCI wanted approximately £200 more than Virgin wanted to upgrade.

Do you reckon I've used up my free amendment now?

First off 95% of the £200 off is for the IOS only on the same ports over and over again - non starter for us !!

Second that's your free amendment used lol

jj......

I agree that the majority of £200 per person discounts are on IOS, but the majority of £100 pp discounts are on loads of sailings, 18 ships are listed, that's quite a selection including Brilliance (May - Nov 2010), Freedom (May 2010 - Apr 2011)Oasis & Allure (Jan to Sept 2011), Liberty (most of 2010), too many for me to list here, maybe worth a look.

So for 2 people = 2x150pp = £300 deposit in favour 100pp = £200 discount

Nah no incentive there anymore for me to book early

WHY can't there be one rule for all !!!!

The Nation of Why Not Rip of Your Customers !!

jj.......

... the price of an E2 guarantee on our 5 night jaunt on Navigator out of Malaga in October has increased by 45% .... yes 45% since booking in May!!! So glad we booked when we did - just goes to show that prices can go up as well as down. :eek:

Cheers

Ken

Just got to tell you that ... the price of this 5 night cruise (15 October) just went into orbit - our E2 guarantee is now at £684 (D1 is £749, yet a JS is only £644 :eek:)... this is 63% more than I paid only 4 weeks ago and a whopping £136 per night for the cheapest balcony - the sort of price you'd expect to pay on Cunard .... And, insides and ocean views aren't much less. What's going on???

I guess the good thing is that I'm booked at a good rate and we just got assigned a D2 so upgraded from E2, but it looks like no price drops for me on this one. Just never seen rates jump like this before - the bean counter computers in Miami must have gone into meltdown!!!

Confused of Brighton :confused:

Just got to tell you that ... the price of this 5 night cruise (15 October) just went into orbit - our E2 guarantee is now at £684 (D1 is £749, yet a JS is only £644 :eek:)... this is 63% more than I paid only 4 weeks ago and a whopping £136 per night for the cheapest balcony - the sort of price you'd expect to pay on Cunard .... And, insides and ocean views aren't much less. What's going on???

I guess the good thing is that I'm booked at a good rate and we just got assigned a D2 so upgraded from E2, but it looks like no price drops for me on this one. Just never seen rates jump like this before - the bean counter computers in Miami must have gone into meltdown!!!

Confused of Brighton :confused:

You will most likely see this change again in the next few weeks... they obviously for now have enough guarantee balconies booked and want rid of the JSs therefore make the lower level of balcony price almost as high to make you think the JS is a bargain. Nobody in their right mind who wants a balcony would pay almost the same as a JS.

By the way, just off the Navigator 5 nighter in May and was fabulous with a capital "F"!!!!! :) Hollyanna

I dont think my RCCL UK agent is interested in my business :confused:

I put a hold on a suite yesterday for my NV TA...and emailed my UK agent at 6.30am today to say to her about it...and guess what...my hold runs out in just over an hour and no darn reply from her :mad: Oh well guess I will stick with my E1 rather than the FS :eek:

If my flights werent sorted on the NV TA I would have cancelled and taken my booking to my US TA.

I dont think my RCCL UK agent is interested in my business :confused:

I put a hold on a suite yesterday for my NV TA...and emailed my UK agent at 6.30am today to say to her about it...and guess what...my hold runs out in just over an hour and no darn reply from her :mad: Oh well guess I will stick with my E1 rather than the FS :eek:

If my flights werent sorted on the NV TA I would have cancelled and taken my booking to my US TA.

Was she at the convention last week, Liz?

Mine was and he is snowed under trying to catch up...he actually left the convention early due to workload.

You will most likely see this change again in the next few weeks... they obviously for now have enough guarantee balconies booked and want rid of the JSs therefore make the lower level of balcony price almost as high to make you think the JS is a bargain. Nobody in their right mind who wants a balcony would pay almost the same as a JS.

By the way, just off the Navigator 5 nighter in May and was fabulous with a capital "F"!!!!! :) Hollyanna

Hi Hollyanna

I didn't expect the prices to drop much, if at all - but a £266 pp increase for a 5 nighter was totally unexpected. As you say, who would want to book a balcony at this price when a JS is cheaper - it's not even half term!!!! As I said, we have already been upraded to a D2 so I don't mind if there are no price drops.

Glad you had a fab time in May - where did you go and what was the breakdown in passenger nationalities???

Cheers

Ken

So for 2 people = 2x150pp = £300 deposit in favour 100pp = £200 discount

Nah no incentive there anymore for me to book early

WHY can't there be one rule for all !!!!

The Nation of Why Not Rip of Your Customers !!

jj.......

Hey you - stop stealing my lines :D:D:DROTFL!!

(For those with a humour malfunction, this is a joke!!:))

Archived