NH Duc de la Victoria, Barcelona..anyone?

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? :confused:Is it in las Ramblas?

I will be travelling with my 2 older parents and want something close to restaurants and sites, as well as being clean and comfortable. We are off on a Grand Med Cruise with Princess on Sept 1st.

Has anyone stayed in a place with a complimentary breakfast buffet?? That would be great too.

* Unfortunately the Continental is not available during our dates of stay..Aug 30th - Sept 1st.:rolleyes:

Thanks so much!

Olwyn

I made a reservation last night based on Trip Advisor's recommendation. Good reviews and it ranks very high for a small hotel. Yes, I believe it's near Las Ramblas. If you want more info, check http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187497-d230832-Reviews-NH_Duc_de_la_Victoria-Barcelona_Catalonia.html. At EU15+, their breakfast is pricey - and doesn't appear to be worth the money - according some of the reviewers.

Be sure to check all the booking sites - prices are all over the place. The best rate when I booked last night was booking.com.

Good luck, Donia

Hi Olwyn:

This hotel is about 2 blocks from Las Ramblas into the Barri Gotic - it's at about the same height as the Continental hotel on Las Ramblas (ie closer to Placa Catalunya). I think this will be a more comfortable hotel than the Continental - I know a lot of people like it here on CC but I didn't think much of it personally.

We stayed in the Royal Ramblas, across the street from the Continental, right on Las Ramblas and it was fine.

Breakfast are often extra - it was 15 euros at the Royal and was a nice buffet. But there's lots around that area so you could go out as well - bring a croissant and some juice in the room if you need something as you wake up, then walk around a bit and you'll find something.

As an FYI, right on Placa Catalunya, you'll find the El Corte Ingles department store. If you go on the last floor, there's a cafeteria there - food is OK but the view from there is AMAZING!!! You have an amazing view of the Placa and the Passeig the Gracia... I know my Mom was happy when we went up there for a cup of tea, a catalan flan and the great view!! A nice respite from the hustle and bustle!!

Have fun!

MC

Stayed at the NH three weeks ago. It was in a great location, about two blocks off Las Ramblas on a quiet street. Very clean and the front desk staff was very helpful.

Not far from Plaza Catalunya, Barcelona Cathedral and there are restaurants nearby.

I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Archived