Skype anyone?

Scooter-n-GB

I don't live on the island, but visit often and just got home from a 12 day visit two weeks ago. We used Skype to call home and check our voice mails regularly. It works well. You need a good high speed internet connection. We used a wireless connection from our hotel. The only time we had issues was on Mothers Day. But then all phone systems have issues that day.

Rich

We use Skype at home and everywhere we travel. Works great, and if the other party has Skype too, it's free to call. If they don't it's like 2 cents a minute to call the states. All you need is your laptop and a broadband connection. Most newer laptops have built in speaker phones, but you'll want to get a headset if you plan to use it in public places or if you plan on using it very much.

We use Skype at home and everywhere we travel. Works great, and if the other party has Skype too, it's free to call. If they don't it's like 2 cents a minute to call the states. All you need is your laptop and a broadband connection. Most newer laptops have built in speaker phones, but you'll want to get a headset if you plan to use it in public places or if you plan on using it very much.

Cool, thanks! 2 cents a minute is cheap enough for me. $10 USD gets me a bunch of minutes to call land lines and cell phones in the states! Nice!!

Who's the high speed provider in Cozumel, Telmex? I'm assuming it's DSL, yes?

I don't live on the island, but visit often and just got home from a 12 day visit two weeks ago. We used Skype to call home and check our voice mails regularly. It works well. You need a good high speed internet connection. We used a wireless connection from our hotel. The only time we had issues was on Mothers Day. But then all phone systems have issues that day.

Rich

Does anyone know where there are free WiFi connections in Cozumel? Are there any bars/restaurants that allow customers to use their WiFi connection for free?

Does anyone know where there are free WiFi connections in Cozumel? Are there any bars/restaurants that allow customers to use their WiFi connection for free?

Near as I know, there are a number of restaurants that offer it free of charge. It's becoming more common each day. :)

Off the top of my head, not sure which places, but I believe Rock-n-Java may offer it.

Archived