infant bathtub (urgent)

stephendedalus

hi!!

we were planning on bringing our 8 month old baby's tub but have now discovered that it doesn't fit in our suitcase. has anyone ever requested from their cruiseline a baby bathtub? we're flying tomorrow for our cruise so any advise would be appreciated!!

david & thanh & baby isabelle

Personally, I'd save my carry-on allotment for a nice umbrella stroller and my own portable crib!

I've travelled with infants in the past - at 8 months your little one should be able to handle an alternative a sink/sponge bath is one possibility, or take him/her into the shower with you. Generally a vacation bathing experience with an infant becomes a three-some activity. When I showered with an infant, I always wanted an extra pair of hands! Based upon the close quarters in the cabin bathroom, it could be an opportunity to bring the family "closer"!:D

I wouldn't sweat this one! Good luck

I have showered with my dd since she was 3 months old. Sometimes I have an extra set of hands to hand her to, but most of the time I do it myself. This also has kept her unafraid of water pouring over her head. I always hated using the infant tub. They do also make blow up infant tubs - I have seen them at Walmart (I think Munchkin makes one).

I would suggest buying the blow up bathtub. You can use it to bathe her and you can also bring it along to the beach to fill with water and let her splash in it. Then just give it a good rinse in the shower before bathing her in it again. Have a fun cruise!

Diane

Guest Time2gocruzn

I have also heard of people taking an inflatable 1 ring infant swimming pool. It is about $3-$4. They say they put in on the floor of the shower for a bath tub, used it while on deck since swim diapers aren't allowed in pools, used it on excursions on the beach, and also on the balcony. The unopened package is very small so it packs nicely, and is cheap enough that you can throw it away when it is time to go home. GL!

The single ring blow up pool is a great idea. I have seen them at the dollar store in the summer. I guess it is probably too late in the season to buy one now. What a good idea for a cruise though. When our girls were a little younger we used to go to the dollar store and buy arm floaties and pool floats to bring on vacation. They were so flat and small when you pack them. We usually left them behind at whatever beach we had been to or sometimes we would give them to the local people. I figured somebody else could use them. We never brought them home because once you blow them up, they take up so much more room and never pack down quite as flat again.

Archived