Grand Denali Hotel to Eilson Shuttel

gaylenhazel

Help! I can't find how to get from the hotel to the shuttel. Will the shuttel from the hotel take us to the Eilson Shuttel? I want to book the 6 a.m. Eilson shuttel. What time should we leave the Grand Denali?

Thanks to all on the boards here!! You have helped me so much!

You need to call the hotel and find out how early they run their shuttles, but I don't think they start before 7am at the earliest. That leaves you three options:

You can walk the 1++ mile to the WAC.

You can take a Tundra Wilderness tour at 6am that will pick you up at your hotel.

You can take a later shuttle.

I agree you should call the hotel. If that is the bus for the 12 hour all day back country tour to the end of the road. I was told it will pick us up at 6:30 am at the McKinley Chalets and to be there by 6:20am. If the hotel shuttle doesn't run that early that is not a long walk from what I have been told.

I agree you should call the hotel. If that is the bus for the 12 hour all day back country tour to the end of the road. I was told it will pick us up at 6:30 am at the McKinley Chalets and to be there by 6:20am. If the hotel shuttle doesn't run that early that is not a long walk from what I have been told.

Back country tour is totally different than the Park Service shuttles the OP asked about. And it is LOOOOONG walk, down a VERY steep hill. Better check this out THOROUGHLY.

Archived