Formal nights on qm

sweetone0523

May I refer you to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=935598&highlight=cunard+dress+code . This is one a hundred such threads that deal with your questions. If you use the search facility in the top bar, you will find answers to a lot of your questions and it may save you time. By all means keep asking if there is something that you need to know

I think you will find a wide range of formal wear on QM2, if she is anything like QE2 (I'll find out in four weeks :) ) Personally I wear full length evening gowns on formal nights and keep cocktail dresses for semi-formal, but I am sure lots of people will be wearing cocktail dresses on formal nights.

Most women were wearing full length gowns on my TA Crossing but I saw some dressy cocktail dresses too.

I also saw men in dark suits but tuxedos outnumbered them for sure.

On our chistmastime caribbean sailing we did gown and tux on formal nights, cocktail dress and ivory dinner jacket for semi-formal, and pant suit and suit sans tie for elegant casual.

In retrospect, I would probably stick with a suit and tie for semi-formal, and my traveling buddy would have brought only one gown, and subbed in a floor length cocktail dress for the second formal night.

For formal night most women even in the caribbean wore longer dresses, though cocktail numbers were seen. You could certainly bring just cocktail dresses and a suit, and do if a gown and tux are going to stress you out too much, but from my observed experience it's also a wonderful opportunity to deck yourself out and let your inner Cinderella out for a night at the ball. :D

Archived