Please people...I need a new review of the Dawn to Bermuda.......

jdarch

I know it's Memorial Day and I know you are busy just getting back from your cruise to Bermuda yesterday....but, am going crazy here without a review. I have 13 days to go and need to hear about your cruise.:D There have been very few reviews on the first few cruises on the Dawn to Bermuda. Have there been no cruise critic people going, yet?:confused:

I'll start working on it tonight. I'm trying to edit through my photos.

In the meantime, I'm happy to answer any questions.

Tip of the day: If you want to save money do not pose for any photos. If you see anyone dressed in a big stuffed suit or a pirate, don't make eye contact and keep walking. No matter how stupid looking the photo is, you'll end up buying it! The main ship photographer is very good, too, so if you pose for formals, you'll end up wanting them.

Also if you must drink, buy bottled beer at $4.25 rather than a cocktail which may end up being $7 or $8. (Ouch!)

Food tip of the day: The chicken satay appetizer is actually a really good salad with two chicken satay skewers. It's excellent, but you need to know so you don't do something stupid like me and order the appetizer AND a salad and end up eating two different salads with one meal!

At the Blue Lagoon, avoid the chicken tenders (they don't understand the concept of dipping sauces). Have the panini. The Blue Lagoon also has the best coffee and the best cheesecake. Before 7 am they only have coffee and pastries, no full breakfast. (The newsletter is a little misleading that way)

Don't bother with Snorkle Park. More to come.

When we go back, we'll be getting a scooter. The transit system is excellent and provides a great view of the islands plus quick and comfortable transportation to both Hamilton and St. George, but Bermuda is hilly and is not set up for pedestrian traffic. Much of what you want to see will be up and down hills and off the major road. You'll be carrying stuff like beach towels and the sun is very intense. You'll be walking down narrow roads with no shoulders, no sidewalks and high stone walls on either side. Not for the faint of heart! (Like me) We would have seen more if we'd rented a scooter for two days and just did the major centres by transit the first day.

The locals are wonderful, friendly, polite and knowledgeable people...at least the ones we met were. And we met quite a few.

The south beaches are silken pink sands, clear turquoise waters and fascinating rock formations. Tobacco Bay was coarse sand, rocky bottom and not as pristine. I hear it's great for snorkelling, but otherwise, stick to the south.

I think my brain is still in Bermuda as I can't recollect what I did on my 5/17/2009 - 5/24/2009 Dawn cruise to Bermuda! It must have been one heck of a time... :cool:

I did post up a few photos and will probably finish by end of the week. :)

Archived