Epic Trans-Atlantic, any guesses when her first trip across will be?

Preds

It's my understanding that the Epic will start her weekly Miami sailings on July 17, 2010. Thus I'm guessing we might expect a Trans-Atlantic in late June or early July?

Usually the Trans-Atlantic sailings are April or November, months we can never do since my wife teaches, however, if the Epic crosses in late June or early July this will be a one time opportunity for us!

Anyone have some guesses as to when they generally time these sailings? I'd expect they'll probably do a few 1 night sailings out of Boston and/or NY like they did with the Gem before heading to Miami on a likely 7 day trip. So I'm thinking 10 days or so prior for her arrival on the East Coast, which would be somewhere around July 7? And probably a 10 day cruise before that (5 days to cross and 4-5 days for European ports)? So maybe a June 27 departure date for the Trans-Atlantic? Does that sound about right?

I could picture them not doing a TA to have extra sea time to help the crew get ready since this ship is so large and totally new to the company. Maybe they are just waiting to see how progress comes before they set the TA dates. Who knows.

Archived