Swedish Massages

As a 35th anniversary gift to myself, I am looking into having my first "professional" massage! I want something simple but relaxing & was looking at the Swedish one. Anybody ever have this or is there something else you could recommend?

Sandi

As a 35th anniversary gift to myself, I am looking into having my first "professional" massage! I want something simple but relaxing & was looking at the Swedish one. Anybody ever have this or is there something else you could recommend?

Sandi

I've found over the years that the massage you get is only as good as the masseuse.

Swedish tends to be deep tissue muscle massage and can be very nice.

However I will give you a piece of (unsolicited) advice.

Talk with the person giving you the massage before and especially during!

Let them know when they are pushing too hard (or too soft).

I have friends that are masseuses and they want (and appreciate) your feedback.

Everyone is different and there is no way they can anticipate your tolerance levels, so let them know.

I will say one of my favorite treatments is the ginger salt scrub followed by a complete body massage (offered on Royal Caribbean) and I am looking forward to another in one week from today!

Good luck.

Steve

When on a cruise we always go for the couples massage...it is always great...as a man I like a massage that really gets in there...but my wife likes it more gentler. As stevekc said be vocal and let your masseuse know what you like and do not like. Afterwards I cannot even get off the table right away, that's how good it felt.

You might consider doing this at home before you cruise....unfortunately I have found, and many others on this forum have said the same thing, that cruise ship massages are nowhere near as good as what you can get at home and generally are MUCH less costly.... OR if determined to do it on the ship don't book it immediately...they ALWAYS have specials later in the cruise with reduced prices.....

but as one person has said..do tell the technician what you like...

You might consider doing this at home before you cruise....unfortunately I have found, and many others on this forum have said the same thing, that cruise ship massages are nowhere near as good as what you can get at home and generally are MUCH less costly....

Is the spa 'menu' posted anywhere? I can't seem to find it on the RCI site...

Thanks!

Archived