Mandara Spa on the Spirit

MBurke17

I was on the Spirit and the spa area looked very nice although I didn't use it. I believe you can get package deals on the spa if you check out NCL's website. Maybe not all services, but some.

You can get an idea of their services and prices on NCL ships from the Mandara website, I'm not sure how current the prices are but at least it's a starting point.

http://www.mandaraspa.com/files/MS/norwegian.pdf

As the previous person mentioned there's an added gratuity as well that isn't reflected in the prices on their website.

DH and I booked the $99 special for three different 20 min services on a port day. I got a foot/ankle massage, hand/arm/shoulder/neck massage, and facial (no extractions are included, just a cleansing, massage, mask, etc). But MAKE SURE you take the flier from the daily that advertises $99 with you to booking (book in person) AND the appt so they don't make it $109. My therapist actually went back to the reception area and changed the price back to $99 when she double-checked the flier. DH isn't as detail oriented as I am and was charged $109. They have you sign your bill in the treatment room, not in the reception area, which was unusual from prior experiences at resorts or cruises. Otherwise, I would have caught the billing error on DH's. We didn't feel like arguing for $10 after the fact and we had a bunch of OBC so we just figured whatever. Yes, they will add an 18% gratuity, so be wary that you won't need to add an additional tip unless you want to. Neither of us were given any sales pitch about products. She asked me what I was using for my face and I gave her the name brand product I use from Sephora and seemed to pick up that I wasn't interested in their brand.

If you live in a metropolitan area, the prices are likely similar as a spa in the city or any other resort area. I say enjoy yourself, and if you want it, get it!:D

Archived