best hotel in fortlauderdale

ckr31

Lago Mar Resort and Club is mainly a business hotel used for conventions, since they have a huge conference center. A one night stay pre cruise would be a waste of time and money.

Keith may be correct about the Ritz, but I'm a Marriott girl. :D

Pia, I must differ with you. I stayed one night pre cruise, and it was neither a waste of time or money. Loved every second. Sat on my balcony at five in the morning and watched the CB come in lit up like a Christmas tree, so close you could almost reach out and touch her.

The service was top notch, and the buffet breakfast was wonderful. The beach was gorgeous, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Just wanted to add, we were there in July, saw not one conference going on, it was mostly families.

Karen

Pia, I must differ with you. I stayed one night pre cruise, and it was neither a waste of time or money. Loved every second. Sat on my balcony at five in the morning and watched the CB come in lit up like a Christmas tree, so close you could almost reach out and touch her.

The service was top notch, and the buffet breakfast was wonderful. The beach was gorgeous, and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Just wanted to add, we were there in July, saw not one conference going on, it was mostly families.

Karen

Wrong time of year for conferences in Florida.

In the end of April, we stayed at the

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port,

400 Gulf Stream Way

Dania Beach, Florida 33004 USA

They have free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, then from the hotel to the ship. The room was large, quiet, and clean, as well as beautifully decorated. Right across the parking lot there is a great seafood and fish restaurant: ISLAMORADA FISH CO. There is also a park surrounding the hotel. The park is dedicated to outdoor sports, and there is also a Fishing Hall of Fame there. As to the rates, it depends on the date(s) you want to stay there, just check at www.marriott.com.

Hope this helps...Marsha

I would like to hear back from the OP about what they meant by "best".

As you can tell, those of us who have responded are confused. I interpreted it as convenient for a cruiser because you asked which hotel would be best for one night pre-cruise. However, you might have meant fanciest, most convenient to port, most convenient to shopping, most convenient to dining, least expensive, most expensive, nicest hotel on the beach, most stars, most diamonds, etc. Maybe you are arriving the morning before and want a nice place to spend the day before as well as the night before. So, please tell us what "best" means to your situation...

Also please note that this thread belongs on the Florida departures board.

Yes there is (a Hilton Garden Inn).....

It is the old Ft Lauderdale Grande/Marriott Marina

logo.gif

The Hilton Garden Inn is considered to be a different chain than the Hilton, and has the logo below. There is one by I95 and Stirling Road. The old Marriott has been the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Grande Hotel and Yacht Club for a while and recently changed names again to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina.

hdr_logo.gif

Archived