GCI recommendations?

2Ports

We're going to be on Grand Cayman in July on the Carnival Legend; looking for input on various dive shops. (CCL operator Don Foster's website says "Boats hold 24 divers" AAAUUUGH!!) We are both AOW w/ 50+ dives in the Caribbean, and are looking at (in no particular order) Divers Down/Cruise Diver, Neptunes, Absolute, and Deep Blue. Any suggestions/feedback/comments/issues?

TIA! :D

We just got back off the Carnival Triumph in Grand Caymen.. Being a diver you should definitely check out " Sunsethouse dive resort." We are just snorkelers and enjoyed the day all by ourselves in there man-made-pool in the rock shoreline. It cost us nothing more than the price of our drinks in there " My Bar " outdoor lounge overlooking the ocean.. The people are as friendly as you'll find anywhere.. You walk to it from the pier. Just turn right and walk along the roadside about a mile or so..Or taxi's are everywhere there too..We started in the pool and then went out of the opening into the deeper water. The fish were everywhere and the coral was fabulous.. Just google them and see what we mean..

ya know .... I've heard that place was pretty good

:p

regulars here may have heard me recommend it a time or two ...

my first dive at Sunset was around 1984 ... coupla' hundred at or from their boats since ...

on any given day conditions can vary but having dove GC many many times, this remains my fav' place for a shore dive and especially a nite shore dive. Exit the water...have a quick rinse at the provided shower...park the gear in the nearby locker and walk straight to My Bar ..... for a TING of course ... it don't get much better than that!

ya know .... I've heard that place was pretty good

:p

regulars here may have heard me recommend it a time or two ...

my first dive at Sunset was around 1984 ... coupla' hundred at or from their boats since ...

on any given day conditions can vary but having dove GC many many times, this remains my fav' place for a shore dive and especially a nite shore dive. Exit the water...have a quick rinse at the provided shower...park the gear in the nearby locker and walk straight to My Bar ..... for a TING of course ... it don't get much better than that!

Hi Capt BJ, We not only have heard you give this advice, but TOOK your advice to go to sunsethouse, and I want to thank you for taking the time to recommend this place to us. We can't wait to go back again..I strongly hope the OP checks this out..

• 2 weeks later...

I am an OW diver and have been advised to stay away from the crusie ship excursion dives. I appreciate the information on the dive shops in GC.

Dove with a local shop in St. Thomas last December and had a blast. Had much more bottom time than the group from the ship. I don't have over 50 salt water dives yet but, should be close to it by the cruise. Leave for Cat Ppalau live aboard in Nassau for 6 days in exactly one week. Any suggestions?

Archived