Type of Drivers License To rent Jeep?

canadianeh?

I was in Aruba last April and rented a jeep with an American driver's license. You do not need an international driver's license - I've never even heard of such a thing. So rent a jeep and have a blast! Aruba is best seen in your own rental jeep with the top off - you can go wherever you want when you want and even though it is hot there, the breeze while driving around with the top off is just perfect!

Renting anywhere in the Caribbean is very different than here in the states. Give em' a name.....yours or someone elses :), give em' a credit card.....yours or (just kidding) :), and you are on your way. The trade off is the quality of vehicle you get can be anywhere from something new & nice to something that you are not sure whether it will make it back!

All part of the adventure!

thanks everyone for the help. Have been reading great things about jeep rentals and really thought Aruba is the port to do it at.We are Canadians but I imagine what you have said would still be valid.I'll be sure to buy the insurance as I know ours isn't good outside of Canada or USA. Would you recommend a hard top with AC, or should we eat the local bugs?

Aren't you going to Aruba to enjoy the tropical weather and surroundings? Rent a jeep and cruise with the top down. No A/C! The constant trade winds and the breeze while cruising with the top down was the perfect temperature and being enclosed in a vehicle with A/C will hinder your appreciation to envelope the surroundings, culture and weather there. It's a very unique place, I am sure you will enjoy it as much as I did! Make sure you do some four-wheeling on the North side of the island, it's a do not miss! Have fun!

Archived