What to do in Belize for Seniors

topspin1267

:confused:We are going to be in Belize with the Legend and haven't found a "mobility challenged" senior excursion that won't tie down the non "mobility challenged".

We are going with my parents (68/73) and my mother has several medical issues that make any physical activity above a slow shuffle very difficult.

Any ideas? My Father, DW and 10 yr old son will be going also so we would like to see Belize but don't want to leave Mom and Dad alone.

Thanks in advance.:o

• 3 weeks later...

We have the exact same issue... We're having a difficult time finding something for our mobility-challenged grandparents. I think Carnival has a bus tour, but that's about all we've found. Any suggestions?

Know this is probably not what you want, but when we went cave tubing in September there was a 90 year old woman who went. The guides actually carried her on their backs at some points and put her in the water before the last climb and pulled her along. It was the most inspiring thing I have ever seen and really admired her spunk, everyone was cheering and clapping for her.

Archived