Drink of the day?

dianeholly

We're about to take our first Princess cruise on the CB after several on Carnival. My DH loves the "Funship Drink" offered on Carnival and wants to know if there's an equivalent "signature" drink on Princess or a fruity "drink of the day" that he can look forward to. Any answers appreciated!

Princess will have a "drink of the day" every day; they come from the vast menu of specialty fruity cocktails and fancy martinis. If you do a search for martini menu or cocktail menu, you might find a photo of the drinks list -- I know people have posted them in the past. And there have been threads about people's favourite cocktails. But Princess doesn't have one "signature" drink, that I'm aware of.

Here you go: found this in a quick search.

We're about to take our first Princess cruise on the CB after several on Carnival. My DH loves the "Funship Drink" offered on Carnival and wants to know if there's an equivalent "signature" drink on Princess or a fruity "drink of the day" that he can look forward to. Any answers appreciated!

Absolutely there will be a "drink of the day". And be aware that it does come in different sizes, so ask for the size that suits you. :p "A large drink of the day for me!"

Hi

I cruised on the Sun Princess and and can confirm there is a Cocktail of the Day. You'll receive the ''Princess Patter" newsletter nightly and it will inform you of what the drink will be for the next day. I must admit though I was disappointed with the cocktails. Although reasonably priced they were pretty light on with the alcohol. Happy cruising!

Hi

I cruised on the Sun Princess and and can confirm there is a Cocktail of the Day. You'll receive the ''Princess Patter" newsletter nightly and it will inform you of what the drink will be for the next day. I must admit though I was disappointed with the cocktails. Although reasonably priced they were pretty light on with the alcohol. Happy cruising!

I always make a point of befriending a bartender. That way he/she will always make yummy, non-watered down drinks... :p

On Sea Princess the Cocktail of the Day was just the same price as the other cocktails. I didn`t see the point.:confused:

I don't think there has to be a point. :) I certainly wouldn't want to see it be more expensive!

On Sea Princess the Cocktail of the Day was just the same price as the other cocktails.

I didn`t see the point.:confused:

Right. They used to have a drink of the day (2 for 1, or discounted). Not anymore.

So that's your secret?!?!?!? ;)

Have remember this. :D

Generally the bartender in Crooner's is a "senior" bartender (the "junior" bartenders are outside...) and will be there most of the time. A year and a half ago on the Coral, the bartender was terrific. He spent some time teaching me magic tricks with corks and such. 'Twas fun... he'd be working on my drink when he saw me coming! :) And Eduardo last year on the Sapphire helped me attempt to work my way through the martini menu... :D

Generally the bartender in Crooner's is a "senior" bartender (the "junior" bartenders are outside...) and will be there most of the time. A year and a half ago on the Coral, the bartender was terrific. He spent some time teaching me magic tricks with corks and such. 'Twas fun... he'd be working on my drink when he saw me coming! :) And Eduardo last year on the Sapphire helped me attempt to work my way through the martini menu... :D

You are a worth of info...:D

Who knew there's a Senior & Junior drink-maker on board. :p

Tell me, is there a way of knowing this without asking?

Need to know before my CB cruise. :)

I don't want to become dehydrated out in the hot sun while at sea...;)

Does anyone know what the Sail Away drink will be on the Sapphire to Alaska this Saturday?

Mine, for one, will be a large Pina Colada - turns out, they taste just as good in cold climates; it's my sailaway ritual. ;0)

You are a worth of info...:D

Who knew there's a Senior & Junior drink-maker on board. :p

Tell me, is there a way of knowing this without asking?

Need to know before my CB cruise. :)

I don't want to become dehydrated out in the hot sun while at sea...;)

So I don't know if you're joshing me or what Sandy?.. :D You've been around here alot longer than I.

From what I understand (from talking with the bartenders) and, like I mentioned before, the "senior" bartenders are at the indoor bars. The "junior" ones are at the outside bars. Since I do like a good martini, I usually befriend the bartender at Crooners. There's usually only one or two bartenders there at any one time and it's easy to strike up a conversation. If you mostly go to the outdoor bars, try to get the same bartender each time. If you see him/her elsewhere on the ship, say hello! They'll remember you and, of course, it doesn't hurt if you tip 'em a couple of times above the normal 15%. :p

Archived