Sun Princess on her way to South Africa

This Princess cruise is something else, isn't it. Lots of sea days but the ports have the real adventurer's touch. Anna

It sure is a great cruise.

I have done Bangkok to Capetown on Pacific Princess and that was one of the best cruises I have ever done. South Africa is amazing. We didnt manage an overnight safari, but just the 1/2 day Safari drive from Richards Bay,

(which I had never heard of before),

through a game park was awesome.

Hi David,I believe the Sun actually tracked well east of Madagascar and not down the passage between Mozambique/Madagascar due to possible pirate activity in the area (cancelled Nosy Be port stop ).Do you possibly know if the c scanner programme is pre loaded as per the original itinerary ? Thanks for the updates.

Johhno.

Hi David,I believe the Sun actually tracked well east of Madagascar and not down the passage between Mozambique/Madagascar due to possible pirate activity in the area (cancelled Nosy Be port stop ).Do you possibly know if the c scanner programme is pre loaded as per the original itinerary ? Thanks for the updates.

Johhno.

Hi Johhno,

I wondered about that as well, as most ships these days avoid that area.

Yes. I believe that programme is pre loaded as when I checked on Dawn Princess it showed her having called at Noumea , when in fact that was missed ,due to running late.

Just arrived at Richards Bay

28sun1.jpg

28sunmap1.jpg

The two main areas to visit from Richards Bay

are the Game Reserves at Hluhluwe Umfolozi

and the St Lucia World Heritage Wetland Reserves.

Richards Bay is just a very big ,

and very modern Industrial Port Facility

that exports SA's minerals.

28sunmap2.jpg

28sunmap3.jpg

Hi Johhno,

I wondered about that as well, as most ships these days avoid that area.

Yes. I believe that programme is pre loaded as when I checked on Dawn Princess it showed her having called at Noumea , when in fact that was missed ,due to running late.

Hi David

The maps are excellent what is the c scanner program is there a link to it- I haven't seen it before. Would have liked it for the Cherry Blossom cruise that we did in March/April

Thanks

Ross

Dawn is breaking in Capetown now.

Wonder if that is Table Mountain we can see

with its tablecloth on?

2qdn5so.jpg

Hi Kiwi Kruzer, we were on this cruise but got off in Cape Town. The mountain on the left is indeed Table mountain, the one on the right is called Lions Head.

Linda

Hi Kiwi Kruzer, we were on this cruise but got off in Cape Town. The mountain on the left is indeed Table mountain, the one on the right is called Lions Head.Linda

Did you you stay on in Capetown or fly straight out?

We were on this cruise, and I must say a fantastic cruise, and we got off in Cape Town.

We did not stop in Madagascar due to political unrest. As far as I know we did not change our planned path, we just did not stop.

The main pirate activity was around the Seychelles and the ship was well equipped for any issues we may have had. We did have a pirate drill so we as passengers knew what to do in case of pirate attack.

Thankfully there were no pirates but they did take it very seriously.

Linda

Did you you stay on in Capetown or fly straight out?

We had 3 days in Cape Town then flew home. I could have easily spent a week or two in Cape Town, it is a very beautiful place.

We even managed to get to table mountain just as the cloud cleared, the view was amazing.

Linda

We had 3 days in Cape Town then flew home. I could have easily spent a week or two in Cape Town, it is a very beautiful place.We even managed to get to table mountain just as the cloud cleared, the view was amazing.Linda

Hi Linda,

Same here,we had 3 days there.

(post cruise)

As we sailed in the tablecloth was off,

so we went up Table Moutain that day.

The cable car ride is awesome.

Then toured around the Cape area ,

and as we left the clouds rolled in.

Go back in a flash ,

but such a long flight to get there.

Have to wait for another cruise.:D

Hi Kiwi Kruzer, we were on this cruise but got off in Cape Town. The mountain on the left is indeed Table mountain, the one on the right is called Lions Head.

Linda

Hi there,

We would love to hear more about your cruise!!:)

Hi Linda & David

We are doing Ocean Princess next year Cape Town to Singapore. Can either of you advise of a good place to stay while in Cape Town pre cruise.

Any suggestions very welcome

Maurice

We checked it out for 2010 when it was first released and were told at this stage it will only be on offer every second year.....cheers Shiona

Thanks Shiona

Maybe there is another opportunity then

Ross

Archived