Has anyone used Big Blue charter to tour surrounding islands?

tocruzagain

We will be in St. Thomas next month and am considering booking a private charter for the day with Big Blue. According to their web site they will totally customize our day to whatever we would like to do including visiting the neighboring islands. Has anyone out there used them in the past and can tell me if visiting Jost Van Dyke, Tortola, and St. John's all in the same day would be worth it. Not to mention that we would be able to havee lunch wherever we would prefer like Foxy's on Jost Van Dyke. Also, has anyone had a negative experiences with seeing sharks in any of these areas while swimming or snorkeling??

Edited by tocruzagain

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We have them booked as well and will be spending the day with Cpt. Wilson in Jost Van Dyke July 7th! I can't wait and will post a review when we return back home!!

Just bringing this thread to the front so you can tell me how amazing JVD and Big Blue were! Thanks in advance!

Steve

Curious to see how it goes. Big Blue is one of the copmpanies I am looking at. I have also looked at V.I.B.E. charters. The websites look good, but it's nice to hear real accounts of the excursions.

• 4 years later...

Happy update on Captain Wilson. Formerly of Big Blue (when this thread started), Captain Wilson is back in the Virgin Islands and operating Island Wilson Excursions. Same great captain, same great boat, and always the same great time. We went with him again last week and are really glad we did! So happy he's back!!

• 1 month later...

I did indeed make it back safe and sound and sadly, did not get stranded on Jost Van Dyke!! We LOVED our day out with Captain Wilson on Big Blue and are also very happy that he's back in the VI's doing what he does. We've been out with him a few more times since his return. The most recently being in February, where we did two days out on the water with Captain Wilson and Deja Blue.