What's the Best Tour for Seeing Wildlife in Late June/ Early July?

tarheelmjfan

We'll be stopping in Juneau, Ketchikan, & Skagway between 6/27 & 7/3. FYI, we need a tour that doesn't cross the Canadian border. Thanks in advance for suggestions on any tours I should look into. :)

PS: I realize wildlife seen varies on the time of year. We'll take what we can get. ;)

Thanks for the link. :) Unfortunately, I'm more confused now than before. I asked earlier about seeing salmon & was told we would be too early for that. This chart says the opposite. :confused: Personally experiences are always helpful, when choosing tours.

Thanks for the link. :) Unfortunately, I'm more confused now than before. I asked earlier about seeing salmon & was told we would be too early for that. This chart says the opposite. :confused: Personally experiences are always helpful, when choosing tours.

We had 1 cruise to Alaska...late Aug., there were thousands of salmon in the streams then. That month is supposed to be best for Bear/Salmon watching I think. As I walk with a cane, I don't feel bear watching is too good an expedition for me, (Yes the lady I reserved the Tracy Arm cruise with, said..."you don't want to be the slowest person around when bearwatching"...) When we saw those salmon...wasn't too terribly exciting.... unless you go to the far away rivers for bearwatching.

We had 1 cruise to Alaska...late Aug.' date=' there were thousands of salmon in the streams then. That month is supposed to be best for Bear/Salmon watching I think. As I walk with a cane, I don't feel bear watching is too good an expedition for me, (Yes the lady I reserved the Tracy Arm cruise with, said..."you don't want to be the slowest person around when bearwatching"...) When we saw those salmon...wasn't too terribly exciting.... unless you go to the far away rivers for bearwatching.[/quote']

Thanks for sharing your bear/salmon watching experience. My sister & I both have to walk with a cane at times, so we'll keep that in mind. :p

Would suggest booking a whale watching excursion in Juneau.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've taken a whale watching tour in Juneau, but I'm the only one. I'll pass the suggestion along to them. :)

Archived