~Port Everglades~ What should we do?????

kandemom

We live in central Florida, and it will take us 3+ hours to get to Port Everglades.

Heres what im trying to figure out;

Should we drive our car and leave it at the port for the 6 days

or

Stay 1 night at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel and leave our car at the hotel parking lot, and take a shuttle to the port. Do the hotels even allow this?

Thanks for the advice:)

We live in central Florida, and it will take us 3+ hours to get to Port Everglades.

Heres what im trying to figure out;

Should we drive our car and leave it at the port for the 6 days

or

Stay 1 night at a Ft. Lauderdale hotel and leave our car at the hotel parking lot, and take a shuttle to the port. Do the hotels even allow this?

Thanks for the advice:)

I would drive and park at the port. It is so much more convenient.

There are several motels near the port which have free parking and shuttle service if you stay one night. Also several nearby parking lots have port shuttle service. All will also pick you up at the end of the cruise.

Check out airport parking or park and fly for more info.

Port parking keeps going up - last I saw it was $12/nt.

There are several motels near the port which have free parking and shuttle service if you stay one night. Also several nearby parking lots have port shuttle service. All will also pick you up at the end of the cruise.

Check out airport parking or park and fly for more info.

Port parking keeps going up - last I saw it was $12/nt.

I checked earlier today and it was $15, that would be $90 for the week

LaQuinta, Hollywood has free parking for cruise travelers. They also have free continental breakfast and free shuttle to the port. You would then need to take a cab to the hotel to pick up your car.

Along long time ago I use to work for a cruise line...

It happens alot (more than one would think) driving from the Orlando area or a few hours away...we would have families miss the ship because their car broke down, had a flat tire, got lost, etc. No matter is flying or driving, summer or winter, pay the extra money and come in a day early.

People assume that they might be delayed in the winter time when flying, but for those who live in South Florida know what happens everyday between noon and 4pm....Crazy storms that will delay or divert your plane!

LaQuinta, Hollywood has free parking for cruise travelers. They also have free continental breakfast and free shuttle to the port. You would then need to take a cab to the hotel to pick up your car.

Thanks for this:)

Along long time ago I use to work for a cruise line...

It happens alot (more than one would think) driving from the Orlando area or a few hours away...we would have families miss the ship because their car broke down, had a flat tire, got lost, etc. No matter is flying or driving, summer or winter, pay the extra money and come in a day early.

People assume that they might be delayed in the winter time when flying, but for those who live in South Florida know what happens everyday between noon and 4pm....Crazy storms that will delay or divert your plane!

I never even thought about that! How scary. Im going to talk to my hubby about this and see what we can come up with

Archived