Future Cruise on board credits

Canuk Lindylou

Do you have to be on a cruise to be eligible for the Future Cruise onboard credit scheme? On our Jan 09 cruise, we signed up for and then booked for Jan. 2010. Now we want to book for June 2010. Can we apply for the onboard credit without actually be cruising right now? Thanks, this site is such a big help.

Do you have to be on a cruise to be eligible for the Future Cruise onboard credit scheme? On our Jan 09 cruise, we signed up for and then booked for Jan. 2010. Now we want to book for June 2010. Can we apply for the onboard credit without actually be cruising right now? Thanks, this site is such a big help.

If you want to puchase a future cruise credit, as said, it must be while onboard a Princess ship. If you can wait to book your June cruise until January, just purchase some in January. Remember, you don't have to choose the cruise while onboard, you can purchase as many as you want for $100 each and then apply them to a sailing within 4 years of purchase. ;)

My understanding is that you have 4 years to use the credits and do not have to be specific about the future cruise when you sign up, at least that was it was in 2007. We left $100 PP deposit, but the date and type of cruise were left open. We have since change the date and taken advantage of price reductions with no problem. However, best to check with Princess.

I was given very good advice...NEVER LEAVE A PRINCESS CRUISE WITHOUT PURCHASING AT LEAST ONE FUTURE CREDIT...it counts as your deposit & gives you onboard credit a win/win situation. Some cruises require a $900 deposit:eek: & if you book a year in advance...well enough said.

Jan

Definitely buy a FCC! We didn't on our first Princess cruise and were sorry. We were sure not to make that same mistake last year, and we've already applied it to a cruise. It's really easy and you get back most of it in the form of an OBC!

I will be purchasing 2 more this year again.

I am currently FCC-less and I don't like it at all. I used two just last week; never expected to, and now I'm bare. September better hurry so I can buy some more.

Shame on you.:eek:

Especially considering how much you cruise.:D

Princess used to let you extend the deal to 2 other couples traveling with you on the future cruise, but they don't get the OBC. I understand that Princess has since dropped this benefit. However my DH and I each booked a cabin for the 4 of us traveling together and the $100 PP credit was extended to all for of us.

Princess used to let you extend the deal to 2 other couples traveling with you on the future cruise, but they don't get the OBC. I understand that Princess has since dropped this benefit. However my DH and I each booked a cabin for the 4 of us traveling together and the $100 PP credit was extended to all for of us.

Actually, when the friends and family coupon started, you could invite guests to join you on your cruise and they received the reduced deposit and the shipboard credit, just as you did when booking with an FCC. Then a few years ago they stopped the reduced deposit, but allowed them the shipboard credit. THEN.........they ended the program altogether and they don't give out the friends and family coupons anymore. :(

What if you still have "friends and family" coupons? Can they still be used? Do they have any value?

If I remember correctly, as of (someone please correct me if I have the month wrong here) last August, they were useless/no value. (Since you were not charged for them, they just automatically came with your FCC's purchased, there is no value to them at all).

On-board deposit requirements:A $100 credit card deposit is required at the time of booking and up to $150 shipboard credit per person on your next sailing which can be booked any time in the next 4 years.

If you decide you don't want to use that onboard booking, your deposit is fully refundable.

On-board deposit requirements:A $100 credit card deposit is required at the time of booking and up to $150 shipboard credit per person on your next sailing which can be booked any time in the next 4 years.

If you decide you don't want to use that onboard booking, your deposit is fully refundable.

Okay, so I spend $100 for a FCC - that serves as my deposit for any cruise in the next 4 years, AND I get a $150 OBC? All for $100?

Okay, so I spend $100 for a FCC - that serves as my deposit for any cruise in the next 4 years, AND I get a $150 OBC? All for $100?

Your shipboard credit attached depends on the length of the voyage you book, and the type of stateroom. It runs from $25-$150.

So what if you buy an open FCC? Is that even possible? I mean one that I'm not booking a specific category or even a specific cruise?

You don't have to book a cruise at all, just purchase the FCC (future cruise credit). You have four years to find the cruise you want, the FCC will be listed on your Princess circle savings account online, and you just have whatever TA (or Princess if you wish to book direct) assign that FCC to the cruise you decide on. Very simple, and the FCC serves as your deposit. IF you have two of you going and sharing a stateroom, and you are using only one FCC, then the second person has to put up $100 for their deposit (your FCC serves as your deposit), but they will still get the same amount of shipboard credit you will when you book with the FCC.

And you can purchase as many as you want, but remember, they are good for four years from date of purchase. ;)

You don't have to book a cruise at all, just purchase the FCC (future cruise credit). You have four years to find the cruise you want, the FCC will be listed on your Princess account online, and you just have whatever TA (or Princess if you wish to book direct) assign that FCC to the cruise you decide on. Very simple, and the FCC serves as your deposit. IF you have two of you going and sharing a stateroom, and you are using only one FCC, then the second person has to put up $100 for their deposit (your FCC serves as your deposit), but they will still get the same amount of shipboard credit you will when you book with the FCC.

And you can purchase as many as you want, but remember, they are good for four years from date of purchase. ;)

Oh I think I get it! My heads a little foggy tonight. :-) So if we each purchase a $100 (do you have to choose how much they're for - or always $100 each?) FCC, then we can use it on any cruise in the next 4 years, and depending on what cabin we book, that determines our OBC. And if I cruise with someone who doesn't have a FCC, their deposit is still just $100. Whew! Do we have to actually cruise in the next 4 years, or just book it by then?

THANKS!!!

Oh I think I get it! My heads a little foggy tonight. :-) So if we each purchase a $100 (do you have to choose how much they're for - or always $100 each?) FCC, then we can use it on any cruise in the next 4 years, and depending on what cabin we book, that determines our OBC. And if I cruise with someone who doesn't have a FCC, their deposit is still just $100. Whew! Do we have to actually cruise in the next 4 years, or just book it by then?

THANKS!!!

They are always $100 each. And yes, if you cruise with someone who does not have an FCC, and are sharing the same stateroom, they pay the $100 deposit and still get the shipboard credit. Small investment, reduced deposit when you use it (so you aren't tying up all that much $$$ as some deposits can be quite high), plus you get shipboard credit. So, it's the best deal around IMHO!

As long as you book within the next four years, no problem. ;)

Oh, before I forget, they are totally refundable if you find you won't be taking another cruise in the next four years.

They are always $100 each. And yes, if you cruise with someone who does not have an FCC, and are sharing the same stateroom, they pay the $100 deposit and still get the shipboard credit. Small investment, reduced deposit when you use it (so you aren't tying up all that much $$$ as some deposits can be quite high), plus you get shipboard credit. So, it's the best deal around IMHO!

As long as you book within the next four years, no problem. ;)

Oh, before I forget, they are totally refundable if you find you won't be taking another cruise in the next four years.

Awesome, Toto! Thanks so much for your help! I know I'm new at this, but I better be cruising in the next 4 years! I've been amazed at really how great the value is for this kind of vacation!! Now if I can just keep working on those frequent flyer miles... :-)

Thanks again for the info - very very helpful!

this sounds too good to be true lol - bet it isn't available to us brits!

I believe FCC are available to any nationality.

Before I get off a ship I have two FCC's plus one for each cruise I am plannng to book.

Archived