Category SA v. AC on the Epic ??????

2tnts

Has anyone been able to get some good information on the cabin cagegories on the Epic? What amenities are with the Spa suites (AC) and the lower category Penthouses (AC)? Is there access to the courtyard?

It's probably too early to check on that over here. You might find something on the roll calls; although it might be too early for that as well.

I can't find anything for my cruises in 2010 and 2011.:)

AC's have Courtyard and Epic club access - From the Epic website: http://www.epic.ncl.com

Courtyard Villa

• Sleeps up to 6 guests

• 46 available

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Combined living and dining area

• Two luxurious bathrooms with separate shower

• Queen-size bed

• Additional children’s bedroom

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

Courtyard Penthouse and Penthouse*

• Sleeps 2 guests

• 6 Courtyard Penthouses available in The Villas complex

• 7 Penthouses available on aft decks 10-13*

• Access to Concierge Lounge

• Living and dining area

• Luxurious bathroom with separate shower

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club (dining)

*Not part of The Villas complex

Just booked an AC and a connected BA for our cruise in 2010.

According to the unreliable source of NCL reservations they advised me that both the AC and SA suites will have access to the courtyard area. The SA suites will also have spa access. If this is accurate or not is anybodys guess at this point.

Yes that is correct. An email was sent out to NCL employees to confirm this last week.

The website says access to courtyard for AC. However, do they also get access to the bars and restaurants in the Villa area?

Would love to know I want to book for next Aug,Sep and I want access to the WHOLE ship! Can't wait for the Ice bar.......

Thanks

Anthony

Hey Thumper, read my earlier post on this thread. I copied it directly from the Epic web site

I thought that because there is a large difference in fare between the AC penthouse category and the Courtyard penthouse A4 & A7 located in the Villa area so I though maybe less access on the ship. Hey, as long as I get access to all areas I don't mind if the suite is located at the aft of the ship. I've never had an aft cabin!

Thanks

Anthony

• 1 month later...
The AC's have ALL the same perks as all the other suites.

All of the material on the NCL website is plainly ambiguous with regard to access to the Epic Club. That is why I asked my PCC and that is why she checked.

All of the material on the NCL website is plainly ambiguous with regard to access to the Epic Club. That is why I asked my PCC and that is why she checked.

I was originally told ( and my TA) that the AC's did not get Courtyard access. Not until I received an email from someone at NCL confirming that it does I did not feel confident. The Epic is all new to everyone. I guess until the first sailing when we get feedback...we will not have any solid facts.

I was originally told ( and my TA) that the AC's did not get Courtyard access. Not until I received an email from someone at NCL confirming that it does I did not feel confident. The Epic is all new to everyone. I guess until the first sailing when we get feedback...we will not have any solid facts.

Since the restaurant where all suite passengers can have breakfast, lunch and dinner is located in the Courtyard area all suite passengers must have access to it!

Since the restaurant where all suite passengers can have breakfast, lunch and dinner is located in the Courtyard area all suite passengers must have access to it!

That doesn't follow. Nevertheless, despite her assurance of definitive information, my PCC's e-mail to me could be wrong. However, it would be a clear disservice to anyone booking ACs at this point to assure them they will have access to the Epic Club.

From the new European NCL-brochure:

"Access to exclusive Courtyard area with private pool, hot tub, sundeck and fitness area for guests in (Deluxe) Owner's Suites respectively on board N. Epic as well for Penthouse and Spa Suites".

I know that the Epic Club isn't mentioned there but do we have any reason at all to believe that access to the Epic Club isn't included if the Coutryard is included? If yes, can we be sure that all suites around the Courtyard have access or can it be for only the Deluxe Owner's Suites?

From the new European NCL-brochure:

"Access to exclusive Courtyard area with private pool, hot tub, sundeck and fitness area for guests in (Deluxe) Owner's Suites respectively on board N. Epic as well for Penthouse and Spa Suites".

I know that the Epic Club isn't mentioned there but do we have any reason at all to believe that access to the Epic Club isn't included if the Coutryard is included? If yes, can we be sure that all suites around the Courtyard have access or can it be for only the Deluxe Owner's Suites?

All I can tell you is that, when I asked my NCL PCC, she said she would check with the Epic team and then later e-mailed me that while the non-courtyard Penthouses had access to the courtyard and the concierge, they did not have access to the Epic Club. Courtyard Penthouses, however, do have access to the Epic Club. I will admit to the possibility that she is wrong. However, what she told me seems consistent with the somewhat ambiguous material on the website and I would not, at this point, buy a non-courtyard Penthouse with any certainty that I could use the Epic Club. The price differential is so great (based on what I can afford) that I am thinking of booking a non-courtyard Penthouse anyway. I am sure that, as the months progress toward the launch of the ship, this matter will clear up. What do you think?

All I can tell you is that, when I asked my NCL PCC, she said she would check with the Epic team and then later e-mailed me that while the non-courtyard Penthouses had access to the courtyard and the concierge, they did not have access to the Epic Club. Courtyard Penthouses, however, do have access to the Epic Club. I will admit to the possibility that she is wrong. However, what she told me seems consistent with the somewhat ambiguous material on the website and I would not, at this point, buy a non-courtyard Penthouse with any certainty that I could use the Epic Club. The price differential is so great (based on what I can afford) that I am thinking of booking a non-courtyard Penthouse anyway. I am sure that, as the months progress toward the launch of the ship, this matter will clear up. What do you think?

I agree that this matter will clear up once we get closer to the EPIC cruises. Do you know where the VIP breakfast and lunch will be served? If it's served in the Epic Club, which according to the Epicwebside really is more a restaurant than a "club", it makes no sence for me that the Penthouse and Spasuite passengers will be allowed in there for breakfast and lunch but not the rest of the time!

Archived