Transportation from Mendenhall

Scootercruise

Can anyone tell me about transport from Mendenhall glacier, we are doing a whale watching tour and being dropped at the glacier afterward. I believe we need to find a way back, when does the last shuttle leave, and if it's too late, are there cabs available for a ride back. We don't get into port until 2:00, our tour is shortly after arrival. Any help is appreciated. :o

Thanks

Scott and Diane

It sounds like you may be coming in on The Pearl, just like we did last week. You may need to be cautious with doing a whale watching tour and then getting dropped off at the glacier. The last blue bus shuttle leaves Mendenhall at 6 p.m. and gets back to Mt. Roberts Tramway around 6:25 p.m.

If your whale watching does not pick you up until 3 and you are on the water by 3:30, you will not be getting to the glacier until after 6. Cabs are available. It cost us $16.75 plus tip to get from the glacier to Auke Bay for our 4:30 departure to whale watch. Ithink it wouls be at least double that from the glacier back to Juneau.

We did the same things you are doing and it was a wonderful experience. I hope you have a great time.

Archived