Best excursion??

jamaica06

My wife and I are loking for the best excursion. We love beaches, the ocean, and of course the drinks. Any suggestions???

We did a "do-it-yourself" excusing in Grand Cayman. When we got off the tender, we took a shuttle to the 7-Mile beach area for $4 a person and got off at Royal Palms. This was a cute and quaint place, but a little touristy. We took off our shoes and walked on the beach heading away from the cruise ship and ended up in a great little place where we rented two beach chairs and an umbrella for $15 for the day. They had a restroom that we could use and a price bar. It was peaceful, the water was UNBELIEVABLE, and we vegged for a few hours. We took some snacks with us and a couple of bottled waters.

We took a walk on the street (yeah, I felt really safe there) for about a mile and then went back on the beach and headed back towards the ship. We grabbed a ride back to the pier area and then went to a little eating area, "Beaches" and had a fabulous club sandwich with some chips and homemade corn/bean salsa. Did some shopping in a couple of the shops right near the pier and then got back on the ship early to avoid the really long lines.

It was our favorite time the whole cruise.

Definitely the "best" excursion in GC is a Stingray City one, if you haven't already done one. There are several reputable companies that offer these snorkel/swim with stingrays combo tours. We used Moby Dick company, you can Google his website if you are interested. It's fun, safe, and good for all ages.

I agree best excursion is Sting Ray City. I always use Soto's http://www.sotoscruises.com/Tours.htm

He is inexpensive & always keeps it to a small passenger capacity. He interacts during both the snorkles & sting ray city with the sea life making great pictures. They also video. It was fun. I also noticed our group was much smaller than everyone elses when we got to Sting Ray City. (they have more than 1 boat)

We did a "do-it-yourself" excusing in Grand Cayman. When we got off the tender, we took a shuttle to the 7-Mile beach area for $4 a person and got off at Royal Palms. This was a cute and quaint place, but a little touristy. We took off our shoes and walked on the beach heading away from the cruise ship and ended up in a great little place where we rented two beach chairs and an umbrella for $15 for the day. They had a restroom that we could use and a price bar. It was peaceful, the water was UNBELIEVABLE, and we vegged for a few hours. We took some snacks with us and a couple of bottled waters.

We took a walk on the street (yeah, I felt really safe there) for about a mile and then went back on the beach and headed back towards the ship. We grabbed a ride back to the pier area and then went to a little eating area, "Beaches" and had a fabulous club sandwich with some chips and homemade corn/bean salsa. Did some shopping in a couple of the shops right near the pier and then got back on the ship early to avoid the really long lines.

It was our favorite time the whole cruise.

wow, that DOES sound like a good time, i might just end up doing that...thanks!

Just got back last week from GC. Best excursion was the helicopter tour. It was amazing. They only offer 1 tour (not one per day, just one) and the pilot is great. He is hysterical...he was a pilot in the French Army for 15 years. I felt safe with him.

It was $75 per person for a 25 minute ride. That is nothing compared to what these rides cost in Vegas or NYC. He takes you over all the highlights, does some tricks *your heart will drop!* then he takes you over your ship so you can get pictures. I hadn't read anything about this tour on CC prior to going. We got off the ship and they happened to be in the masses of people trying to get you to book an excursion.

They provide the transporation to the airport where the tour leaves from. It leaves from the private part where all the private jets are. It was VERY nice- and I am not easy to impress :)

Hey all - I just got back from Grand Cayman and our tour with stingray sailing was AWESOME!! Thanks for all the postive input from my fellow Carnival Glory cruisers - I was not sure who to use but we picked them based on positive feedback from others on this site. The best thing about this site (to me anyway :)) is that you get honest input from cruisers and get a feel for what to expect for different ports. I was not dissapointed with my stingray excursion. They were prompt, the crew was so personable and loved to answer any questions we had, we had a fantastic time. :)

Hey all - I just got back from Grand Cayman and our tour with stingray sailing was AWESOME!! Thanks for all the postive input from my fellow Carnival Glory cruisers - I was not sure who to use but we picked them based on positive feedback from others on this site. The best thing about this site (to me anyway :)) is that you get honest input from cruisers and get a feel for what to expect for different ports. I was not dissapointed with my stingray excursion. They were prompt, the crew was so personable and loved to answer any questions we had, we had a fantastic time. :)

I'm glad you had a good time.

I was wondering if they sailed or powered to and from the reef?

Also was there any non- alcoholic drinks available and if so how much/.

Did they have anything alcohol other than beer and if so how much

Archived