Night before cruise on the Liberty in Miami...

pugsammy

Where would you stay? I've previously stayed in the downtown area and have enjoyed it. This time around we're thinking of coconut grove or Miami beach area.

What would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

Where would you stay? I've previously stayed in the downtown area and have enjoyed it. This time around we're thinking of coconut grove or Miami beach area.

What would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Why? because its across the street from Bayside Market. nuff said.

Fred

If you're thinking about giving Miami Beach a try, I would recommend the Courtyard Marriott at 1530 Washington ave. I've stayed there on a couple of land-based vacations and had a great time. It isn't particularly close to the port, but it is within walking distance to the restaurants and attractions of South Beach. They also have a pool on the hotel's rooftop. I liked it so much, we're staying there again the night before we board Liberty in July! The other upside is that some of their rooms can sleep 5 people (2 queens and a sofabed), if you are interested in that. Whatever you do, have a great time!

I always stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami, Why? because its across the street from Bayside Market. nuff said.

Fred

And the view of the ships coming in to port at 5:00 am are amazing! We would definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami again.

I second the Courtyard Marriot in Miami Beach - you can walk to everything Miami Beach has to offer, and when we stayed there they offered a package with transportation to the port - real nice place and a great staff!

Fred

I couldnt agree more! I always stay at Holiday Inn Bayside.

I second the Courtyard Marriot in Miami Beach - you can walk to everything Miami Beach has to offer, and when we stayed there they offered a package with transportation to the port - real nice place and a great staff!

Make sure you pick the Courtyard by Marriott SOUTH BEACH and not the Courtyard Marriott Miami Beach. Two totally different hotels; one is in South Beach and the other in a not so great location of Miami Beach.

I agree to get out of downtown. Bayside isn't looking so great these days and starting to really get kind of run down.

Archived