forward balcony stateroom between penthouses

sptym

We stayed in a balcony on Deck 10 on the Spirit last year. It was aft of center. We did visit a suite/penthouse? forward that a new friend was staying in. (as a matter of fact we met on cruise critic). If I remember correctly his daughter was in a regular balcony room either next or one down from his suite.

I don't remember a downside to having a cabin there. It was fairly forward, from his balcony you could see the bridge in that little space they have built out from the side to see when docking.

Not much info but I hope it helps. By the way I really loved the Spirit and since our cruise it has been through dry dock so it should be even better.

Happy Cruising

Has anyone stayed in these cabins? Kind of nervous could be good and could be bad. Please respond if you have been on Norweigan Spirit. Thanks in advance.

I recently stayed in #10516, category BB, on the Spirit. I thought it was great!

One possible side benefit was that the steward, who was also responsible for the adjoining suites, was exceptionally good. Since suites were in the area, they probably assigned one of their more experienced people.

Thanks for responses. I wasn't sure if there was a chance of better service or worse because the penthouses would be getting the extra attention. Anyway I have no choice now and I'm sure we'll have a good time no matter what.

This is an area I am interested in too. I notice it says these rooms have two lower beds - are the beds such that they can be put together to make a larger bed? We are bringing our 7 year old son and I'm also curious about the third bed - if it's a couch or pull down bed. My husband has never been on a cruise so I want to make sure he has a great experience and that we are in an area where the motion won't be so bad.

I read somewhere on CC that the balcony doors up front have to be closed on the Met. itenerary. My husband and I have reservation in #9674, an aft at the back on Nov. 14th cruise out of Barcelona. Have friends that are thinking about an AB or AC but those rooms are all at the front of the ship. During Nov, someone said the wind made the doors difficult to open and a sign on the door said "keep closed when at sea"; anyone had any experience with that problem with forward balconies? Thanks. Barbara

Archived