Help! Need to convince sister to do Oasis in '11!

My sister and I are going on Liberty of the Seas in October. Last year, we were on the Carnival Inspiration. I've already been planting the idea in her head of going on the new Carnival Dream in October 2010, but now I'm thinking of skipping a trip next year, and saving do to the Oasis in May 2011 (I would need the time to save for it).

Now here's the problem - my sister doesn't get quite as excited as me, and there's a chance her friends may start talking about a trip to Ireland again, which they talked about doing this year, but it never quite happened. How do I use this Liberty trip to get her really excited about the idea of skipping next year, and going on Oasis in 2011? She may be able to afford a European trip with her friends next year if they go, as well as a cruise in '11 (she's Director level), but how can I get her excited enough to commit to it for May '11?

She's not athletic like me, so the rock wall and such won't do it, but she is excited about the ice skating. How can I make her feel the Liberty was just such an amazing trip that she just has to plan on the Oasis?:confused: And maybe plant the idea with some of our friends, especially the ones that were talking about Ireland, 2 of which almost booked with us this year, but had to pass after one suffered a job loss, but now is gainfully employed? What selling points can I use to get her/them pumped up on the idea?

Have you showed her the Oasis website yet?That should work! If not, I'd be shocked! www.oasisoftheseas.com

I've talked about it, but haven't shown her the site yet. Definitely will do that after the Liberty trip!

Just looked at pricing, though. As of now, prices are much cheaper for October 2010 than May 2011. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Hey join us on October 23, 2010 - we have quite a group going, we cruised together last year and were known as the Mariner Boozers, now we are "Mission Oasis" - hope you and your sister will join us:)

Did you know, according to the website, 10/23/10 starts at $909, vs. $759 on 10/2/10? That's a big difference!

I think you get OBC if you book it while you are on your Liberty cruise. All you have to do is put down a downpayment!

I know she won't consider booking it now, but while on the Liberty, that could be a possibility.

Frankly, maybe the Oasis is not her style. After you go on your cruise on the Liberty, let her decide if she likes that size ship, or wants to go bigger or smaller. Gigantic doesn't necessarily mean better and it just may not have what she wants in a cruise. Instead of trying to talk her into it, let her see how she feels about her Liberty cruise.

Have you showed her the Oasis website yet?That should work! If not, I'd be shocked! www.oasisoftheseas.com

I agree that you should show her the video clip of the ship. That's what did it for me. The AquaTheatre was my absolute favorite part of the ship. Also remind her that the last time that her and her friends discussed going to Ireland that it never happened so she shouldn't count on that. ;)

If I were you, I'd be figuring out a way to go to Ireland with them, instead of the other way around. :)

I've been thinking that too. But as of now, there's been no discussion about it between her friends.

OK, now my sister's friend is throwing around the idea of Greece in 2011. If I skip a cruise next year, I may be able to join them if they do it, but I'm not really thrilled about spending $2,000 on a week's trip to Greece. You know how many cruises that buys doing inside cabins? I forwarded her the Oasis brochure and told her if her friends decide not to spend so much money to go to Greece, show them this brochure.

She said she would still be up for a cruise in 2010, but a less expensive one like Carnival. But I told her if I plan on Greece, I can't do a cruise next year.

Guess I'll just have to wait until the end of next year, and see whether or not they're serious about Greece in 2011.

Archived