Question re: Anchorage/Seward

galipemi

Well, I've taken the plunge and am headed back to AK on my own in August. I'm set to arrive in Anchorage right around midnight the night before my cruise. I have a room booked at the Sheraton Anchorage. Can anyone give me an idea of the best way to get to the hotel that late at night? Doesn't look like they have any shuttles and I'm terrible at looking at maps for distances.

Also, is it worth heading back to the airport in the mid morning to pick up a cruise transfer to the ship in Seward? I'll have lots of time. And if so, bus or train?? Any other suggestions for getting there? As I recall from two years ago heading from the ship to the airport it was about a two hour drive.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice:)

Well, I've taken the plunge and am headed back to AK on my own in August. I'm set to arrive in Anchorage right around midnight the night before my cruise. I have a room booked at the Sheraton Anchorage. Can anyone give me an idea of the best way to get to the hotel that late at night? Doesn't look like they have any shuttles and I'm terrible at looking at maps for distances.

Also, is it worth heading back to the airport in the mid morning to pick up a cruise transfer to the ship in Seward? I'll have lots of time. And if so, bus or train?? Any other suggestions for getting there? As I recall from two years ago heading from the ship to the airport it was about a two hour drive.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice:)

You'd be looking at a cab for your transportation to the Sheraton. Probably going to run $20 to $25 with tip.

In regards to getting to Seward you could always book the Alaska Railroad yourself http://www.akrr.com/arrc18.html You're looking for the Coastal Classic.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Archived