How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

LOL.. Oops.. I'm not laughing at you, Mooder.. I'm laughing near you. :D

I'm confused.. I thought your bday was sometime in June.. What gives?

Can't blame you for being confused. You should have seen all the permutations of this plan, but I'll condense. I wanted to cruise ON my birthday. For years, I have wanted to cruse to Greece for this particular birthday. But because I wanted all my friends and family to join me for this particular birthday, I compromised and picked a cruise that was easy to get to and a date that allowed for my nephew to come after school was out. Over the many months since it was all planned, every single friend and family member has developed an excellent (so excellent I can't be mad at them) excuse for not being able to come. :( But that's okay, it just means I celebrate my birthday for a full 2 months and won't have the usual family annoyances in beautiful Bermuda! So, I'm a happy gal!! :D

Can't blame you for being confused. You should have seen all the permutations of this plan, but I'll condense. I wanted to cruise ON my birthday. For years, I have wanted to cruse to Greece for this particular birthday. But because I wanted all my friends and family to join me for this particular birthday, I compromised and picked a cruise that was easy to get to and a date that allowed for my nephew to come after school was out. Over the many months since it was all planned, every single friend and family member has developed an excellent (so excellent I can't be mad at them) excuse for not being able to come. :( But that's okay, it just means I celebrate my birthday for a full 2 months and won't have the usual family annoyances in beautiful Bermuda! So, I'm a happy gal!! :D

Well, Happy Birthday TODAY, MOODER!! Have a martini on me!

I'm glad you get 2 months for your bday.. DH always spoils me and says May is my bday month, and I get a full bday week too!

Today's the last day of May.. Maybe I can follow your lead and squeeze one more month out of him.. LOL

Hugs, hon!! C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E !!

EDIT: Today's not the last day of MAY!!!! Sorry all you last minute rent/mortgage payers.. You can put your heart back in your chest!

Edited by AWinkler

I didn't need to read any further...I am right there with you. Tonight I have been up researching Venice; up one day, down the next. Will it ever get here??

Funny, I'm not feeling that way about our Bermuda cruise. I feel it will be very relaxing. Of course, that may change too!

We sound like kindred spirits!:)

We are for sure! I may be hitting you up for some of the research next year! Hope you won't mind. ;)

I am not sure about a time scale. I know I am super excited about our cruise on May 31.

However I also know I am excited about our cruise coming up on Oct. 5 as well. I seem to take 30 minutes a day at least looking at the deck plan and trying to figure out what it is will be like.

I do know that after the cruise, life is not so giddy. Missing that home away from home where there is no pulling the weeds, vacuuming, or washing dishes. Guess I will just have to continuously book cruises so I can maintain at least some low level of giddiness.

Reading your post, it dawned on me. I think I(we?) am addicted to the giddyness since always have to have a cruise booked. I remember the days when I would go months or years without knowing when my next travel would be. I'm so fortunate THOSE days are over. ;)

Well, Happy Birthday TODAY, MOODER!! Have a martini on me!

I'm glad you get 2 months for your bday.. DH always spoils me and says May is my bday month, and I get a full bday week too!

Today's the last day of May.. Maybe I can follow your lead and squeeze one more month out of him.. LOL

Hugs, hon!! C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E !!

EDIT: Today's not the last day of MAY!!!! Sorry all you last minute rent/mortgage payers.. You can put your heart back in your chest!

I didn't know/remember you are a May baby too! Happy Birthday Month and hugs right back to you too!!! My sister does the same thing. I've been getting gifts each week since the first week of May. I am very lucky. And my brother's family felt bad about having to cancel the cruise so they came to visit over Memorial Day Weekend and took me out all three days. This weekend my other brother (local) will take me out to dinner. I really can't complain (but I do anyway ;)).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for real! Hope you day is Wunderbars!:):)

I raise my martini glasess (all 9 of them) to you.

have a great day!

Danka!!! That reminds me - I need to send you an email. See ya!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY for real! Hope you day is Wunderbars!:):)

I raise my martini glasess (all 9 of them) to you.

have a great day!

Happy Birthday Bermuder! Our anniversary was yesterday! Which of course we will celebrate at LeBistro!

I got one more Giddy moment I forgot. When my coundown clock hits single digits (9) I get the Double Secert Probation Giddy!:D:D

I was thinking exactly this too......... until I realized I was totally GIDDY just contemplating the countdown hitting single digits :) :eek: :D

Happy Birthday Bermuder! Our anniversary was yesterday! Which of course we will celebrate at LeBistro!

Oh, are you going on a cruise??? I would have never guessed!:D

and Happy Anniversay!

Oh, are you going on a cruise??? I would have never guessed!:D

and Happy Anniversay!

Darling, I am tired of looking at the litter box, so I am dubbing you "Sarcasm Meister" and suggesting you find an appropriate avatar. :rolleyes: How's that for a challenge? :D

I was thinking exactly this too......... until I realized I was totally GIDDY just contemplating the countdown hitting single digits :) :eek: :D

And by the looks of it, you are getting real close!!!:D

Congrats!

Darling, I am tired of looking at the litter box, so I am dubbing you "Sarcasm Meister" and suggesting you find an appropriate avatar. :rolleyes: How's that for a challenge? :D

OK, better?

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear MOOOOOODDEEEEERRRRR!

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!

"Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed." (Anthony Powell)

:D:DI hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!:D:D

Sea Hound:D

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday dear MOOOOOODDEEEEERRRRR!

Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!

"Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed." (Anthony Powell)

:D:DI hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!:D

Sea Hound:D

Thank you so much!!! That Powell guy sure knew what he was talking about! My goal is to maintain a twinkle as I wrinkle. :)

LOL SH.. you're so silly!!

That's why we love him! ;)

Edited by bermuder

love the topic, mooder... I'm giddy and my cruise isn't for a year and a half. Every time I think of it, my stomach does flip flops with glee. :D

It'll be our first AFT balcony cruise, first balcony, period.. and it's a B2B!!

I agree with you.

Although, I am definitely not giddy about the turning 50 part.:eek:

Just typing this fact was painful.