How close does your cruise have to be for you to get Giddy?!?!?

Mooder

Apparently, I got giddy this am...even tho my cruise is still 6 months away! (and we booked May 2009)

Was at dentist this am, making my next cleaning appt....receptionist says "How about Oct 18th.?" I said, "No, that's not good for me, I won't be available." She says you really know that date you won't be available??

I smile and say "I'll be in the Caribbean. We'll have to make it the week before or after."

Which then led to a 15 min. conversation with 2 of the receptionists at the dentist office on the joys of cruising - and with NCL. Their biggest concern of cruising was "sitting & eating with strangers every day". Of course I explained all about cruising FreeStyle! :D

So.. even still 6 months away, got me smiling all morning! :D

Apparently, I got giddy this am...even tho my cruise is still 6 months away! (and we booked May 2009)

Was at dentist this am, making my next cleaning appt....receptionist says "How about Oct 18th.?" I said, "No, that's not good for me, I won't be available." She says you really know that date you won't be available??

I smile and say "I'll be in the Caribbean. We'll have to make it the week before or after."

Which then led to a 15 min. conversation with 2 of the receptionists at the dentist office on the joys of cruising - and with NCL. Their biggest concern of cruising was "sitting & eating with strangers every day". Of course I explained all about cruising FreeStyle! :D

So.. even still 6 months away, got me smiling all morning! :D

Great example. We love when we hear about events that will happen while we are away. Even if it is something we would never attend, we say to each other, "Sorry, can't do it, we have plans." and a HUGE grin comes on my face. :D

Got giddy 2 weeks before I booked the first cruise ( 5 months prior to sailing ) and we are now almost 2 months after and STILL giddy. I have an electronic picture frame in my office and every look I take at the frame makes me giddy. Even the pic of me in knee deep snow at the cruise terminal in NYC on return !!!

We booked the next one 3 weeks ago for may 2011 and very very giddy already.

I dont know if I ever will be normal again .... I think I am hooked on it like a sea bass, look at my nick ;) , on a fishing rod.

This is it.... I found my sustance of abuse... cruising.. I need it... I want it.....

• 2 weeks later...
Got giddy 2 weeks before I booked the first cruise ( 5 months prior to sailing ) and we are now almost 2 months after and STILL giddy. I have an electronic picture frame in my office and every look I take at the frame makes me giddy. Even the pic of me in knee deep snow at the cruise terminal in NYC on return !!!

We booked the next one 3 weeks ago for may 2011 and very very giddy already.

I dont know if I ever will be normal again .... I think I am hooked on it like a sea bass, look at my nick ;) , on a fishing rod.

This is it.... I found my sustance of abuse... cruising.. I need it... I want it.....

LOL. I am so giddy I don't know how to get any work done. I am trying because I have tons to do before I go away, but it is nearly impossible. I dig in, get some work done and then the giddyness hits me again and I am back on the internet. Giddy sure feels good right about now. The countdown is agonizing! How does the song go? It hurts so good! ;)

Edited by Mooder

OK Mooder-I think I feel the giddiness setting in LOL

;) Your countdown is NOTHING!

4 months away and I'm as giddy as can be:D.

No, you're not. ;) Every time I think I am as giddy as can be, I get giddier! I'm not sure there is a limit! :eek::o

;) Your countdown is NOTHING!

No, you're not. ;) Every time I think I am as giddy as can be, I get giddier! I'm not sure there is a limit! :eek::o

OK Mooder-I think I feel the giddiness setting in LOL

November is sooooooo far away.........:( I will be giddy for you guys!:D

November is sooooooo far away.........:( I will be giddy for you guys!:D

This happened last year too. We were all cruising in Spring/early Summer and you were feeling left behind. But you got us all back come Fall! ;):D

This happened last year too. We were all cruising in Spring/early Summer and you were feeling left behind. But you got us all back come Fall! ;):D

LOL! That's right! I guess I'll have some company then too!;)

But I will still be Giddy for you guys! (Is that like Coo-Coo for Cocoapuffs?):)

LOL! That's right! I guess I'll have some company then too!;)

But I will still be Giddy for you guys! (Is that like Coo-Coo for Cocoapuffs?):)

Exactly! copter

I'm giddy for all of you with cruises booked!!!! I NEED to book one....:eek:

Hope you all have great cruises!

Have a martini clinic for me!!!

You can count on it! ;)

even giddier today.....

one kid packed, one to go, and then me :p

And you have just enough days to do it! Just don't get so giddy you can't pack - that's what happens to me! :o

ccp.jpg.361e68bebf4c9ad4d49203b3fa03d07b.jpg

Edited by Mooder

I think I've passed giddy and moved on to looney. Perhaps I'll feel a bit more low-key once the packing is complete. :D:cool:

Yes, that's a big milestone which helps calm me down. When taking a winter cruise to the Caribbean, I can be all packed weeks ahead. But a summer cruise is harder because I may need to wear some of those clothes between now and the cruise. But this weekend, I am determined to get it ALL done. Then, I can be giddy and not stressed which leads to looney! :eek: