For Sailing Guests- Important Info

Hi Girls,

I just wanted to inform you all about some info I received from our baggage handler a couple weeks ago. While we were checking our bags in, our handler told us to make sure to put on your tags the following information ONLY:

Your Name

Sail Date

Cabin Number

Ship Name

Apparently some of the shadier handlers will use information on your luggage tags such as your address and phone number to rob you while you are on vacation!

He said there was a poor old lady that would come to the port every Sunday to protest, because Carnival said they were not responsible, and they cleaned her out! Just wanted to pass this information on, because it's so important! Needless to say, we spent an extra 10 minutes making sure we took off all of this info from our bags. If this helps one person, then I feel a lot better!

Hollie

This is a good rule of thumb any time you travel! It is best to put your name and cell phone number on your luggage tag when traveling--never put a home address. A cell phone number would allow someone who finds your bag (if misplaced) a way to contact you. Remember that anyone who is even close to your bag would have access to all information on your luggage tags (baggage handlers, security screeners, other passengers in line or at baggage claim, etc.).

• 3 years later...

Aww Ladies thats what we are here for to learn/find out NEW(& helpful info) I am NO where near fininsh.. I think im only on page 64, lololol Well let me get back to reasearching :)

Have a Wonderful Day Brides (Thanks Hollie for this thread)

Archived