What type of 'over the door shoe holder' for Veendam?

chees

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've seen several different types and want to get one that will fit over the top of the door. Does the door close when it is on?

Also, does it go on the outside or the inside (where the hooks are)?

Thanks,

Tina

Some people put the shoe holder on the outside of the bathroom door. We put it on the inside of the door and the door closed.It held a great many things and was one of the best ideas I've gotten.

It went on the inside over the hooks. Door would not close if it was on the outside. Can't speak for Veendam but looks like mamaofami put it on the inside also. Best idea I ever got from CC.

put ours on the inside. I had chosen the mesh style front so I could see what was in each pocket and if I put something damp in it...like my loofa and my hairbrush (after I wetted it down), it would air dry and not get the pocket all wet.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I've seen several different types and want to get one that will fit over the top of the door. Does the door close when it is on?

Also, does it go on the outside or the inside (where the hooks are)?

Thanks,

Tina

The "over the door" shoe bag is one of the best ideas I've had on the HAL board.

We hang it on the outside of the bathroom door....although this year, on the Noordam it was a little tight....our stateroom next door the prior year had a wider hall way into the room...either way...on the side of the door into the bathroom...or the side of the door into the hallway...it works great....judge by your space!

I have to agree, the over-the-door shoe holder has been one of the best tips I've gotten on CC also! We bought ours at Walmart the brand is Mainstays. It is the mesh type and fills up pretty much the whole door. I think the mesh type is a little lighter and less bulky to pack than the solid type. We hang it on the inside, where everything is easy to reach while in the bathroom with the door shut. DH takes the top rows and I take closer to the bottom, with the common stuff in the middle. The hooks hang right over the top of the door, and the door shuts. We can't put the bottom hooks on, but we just let it hang with no problem. It also has ties on the side and I tie it to the door latch, but it usually falls off. It's no problem. The weight of the stuff in the pockets makes the holder hang with no problem. It goes right over the door hooks. If you miss the hooks, leave a couple of the upper pockets empty and you can tuck the top of your robe or pajamas or whatever there while you are in the shower.

Mary

Yes this is a good idea. Are you going to bring lysol wipes? I wipe down every door knob, handle, and rail in our room. The time to clean is very limited for them. It just insures my peace of mind and takes all of two minutes. With the swine flu, and neuro virus it is a good thing to do.

Night light

binocculars for each person

hangers (tjmax has very thin ones)

what am I forgetting?

I'm never without my Lysol wipes when traveling. Wipe down the tv changer, doorknobs, drawers, etc. I never leave anything to chance. I've been flamed before for this quite awhile back but DH had spinal menegitis and in a coma for 10 days, almost didn't make it so I'm a little cleaning lady in our room, his resistence is low, I carry several Purell hand wipes in my purse, so I would say this is what I will take on our cruise along with some hangers from the cleaners to hang our wet clothes on, also don't forget those travel pkgs. of Tide and Downey. I also never put shirts or tees in the dryer.

I'm getting many tips from everyone on here, keep them coming.:)

Ours also came from Walmart, but the pockets are clear plastic which works great. As I recall ours had to go on the outside of the door on the Veendam last summer because it was just a bit too wide to fit on the inside and we couldn't close the door when it was on the inside.

Ours also came from Walmart, but the pockets are clear plastic which works great. As I recall ours had to go on the outside of the door on the Veendam last summer because it was just a bit too wide to fit on the inside and we couldn't close the door when it was on the inside.

We used the same type from Walmart on Veendam last November in an outside cabin on Promenade deck. Those cabins are a little tight for counter space and storage so the hanger was a big help. We found that the outside of the bathroom door worked best.

Archived