Is there any significant difference between...

DeRon

...the M class ships themselves? Is there any difference between Millennium, Summit, and Constellation? It seems to me that the Summit gets most of the rave reviews (more than her sisters), but is this really true?

Thanks!

There is very little physical differance between the M class ships. Decor is the only real physical differance. While each has the same type of specialty restaurant they all have different names. Millie is the Olympic with half of the restaurant interior being from the ala carte restaurant of the sister ship to the Titantic, HMS Olympic. Summit is Normandy with decor from the ship of the same name. Infinity is United States, yes, with decor from the SS United States. Constellation is called a gereric, Ocean Liners. The exterior colors of the ships are in transition. The old colors of dark blue and gold are being replaced by blue and white as they each go through the normal cycle of drydock.

Of course the crew is different from ship to ship but having been on two of the ships we have not found a significant differance in that.

The only major difference I've found is the itineraries...

The layout, dimensions, cabins and public rooms are exactly the same...

Crews are obviously different...but crews change from time to time...and the average cruiser only comes into contact with a small percentage of the crew...you may have a great cabin steward, someone else only a very good one...Sail on another M-Class and it might reverse...On the AVERAGE all of the Celebrity crews' service is outstanding...

I've sailed on Millennium and on Summit and have two upcoming sailings on Constellation...as far as I am concerned, I'd sail on any of them...

My wife and I have been on the Summit and the Constellation. As the previous posters have said, they're identical except for decor. We like the Summit because of its more modern, quirky art and sculpture. Others dislike it because of the art.

Conde Nast magazine picked the Constellation as its number one ship, although the other M-class ships were also all in the top ten, if I remember correctly.

They are all great ships! We've been on 9 cruises on 9 different ships including SeaDream (formerly Seabourn's Sea Goddesses) , and the M-class ones are our favorites.

Allen

The layout, dimensions, cabins and public rooms are exactly the same...

That's not 100% true. There are some differences with regard to how The Conservatory, Tunes, Words, and The Tower are positioned on each ship.

Millennium doesn't have a dedicated teen area and its Conservatory is located in the port tower just aft of the observation/night club on deck 11.

Infinity has Notes located in the tower area and its teen room (confusingly called 'The Tower') on decks 5 and 6.

Summit and Constellation have the best layout (in my opinion) with Notes and Words stacked up on decks 5, 6, 7 and 8 and the teen room in the tower area.

Additionally, some people feel that Millennium has better materials than the other sisters and that due to cost-cutting the rest of the class didn't get as nice of a treatment.

I have only sailed Infinity and Constellation, but I would definitely pick Constellation or Summit over her older sisters as there are a few minor differences like DVD players in lower-level suites as opposed to VCRs. Additionally, I prefer the very subtle differences in decor on Constellation as opposed to Infinity. Constellation also had nicer fitness equipment, but that's to be expected as it's about two years newer.

Archived