Cruise Ship Demographics

LarryF

We also prefer not to cruise with lots of younger kids whose parents let them roam the ship.

We are in our upper 30s. Our cruise to alaska last week definitely had a much older crowd. We were definitely among some of the youngest..but let me tell you something..

the "old folks" (who seemed much younger at heart than us!) put us to shame in their ability to LIVE IT UP on the dance floor and late into the evening. Meanwhile, hubby and I were beginning to think there was something wrong with us because we could barely make it past 10. One couple we saw every night..she had to be 80 and he looked much older..and she was in these sexy dresses every night with heels and they would be dancing every night. I ran into her in the restroom and told her I want to be just like her when I grow up.

I loved the diversity and sitting at dinner with people twice our age, and sharing a semi private tour with people 20 years older and another couple twice our age.

I think it would be boring if the whole cruise were all 35-45.

We did Canada/New England in October 07. I could count the number of children on 1 hand. Seemed most were in their 50's and up. I had no complaints with the age groups on board and we are mid to later 30's.

ALL of you have forgotten that Sept and October the kids are back in school and the parents ARE HOME..LOL. Gezz lighten up..it's a wonderful, wonderful cruise...

I had LOL a little when I saw my post has continued to get replies and caused so much contorversy! Just an FYI, I have decided to sail on the Caribbean Princess instead of Carnival either October 3 or 10 and look forward to meeting as many people as possible no matter what age they are! I had a brain fart when I mentioned the over 75 folks and am sorry I did.

I don't know how many of you have ever read the review on the link below...it is hilarious, but very poignant as to how to enjoy yourself on a cruise or vacation no matter the circumstances...It's titled, "My Emerald Review - A 10 Day Seinfeld Episode"...start at post #1.

Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=677273&highlight=del+boca+vista

I don't know how many of you have ever read the review on the link below...it is hilarious, but very poignant as to how to enjoy yourself on a cruise or vacation no matter the circumstances...It's titled, "My Emerald Review - A 10 Day Seinfeld Episode"...start at post #1.

Enjoy!

Thank you Larry, Phil and I are ROFLOAO. :D We shall be seniors one day but I'll be d*&^ if I'll act that way.

• 2 weeks later...
I had LOL a little when I saw my post has continued to get replies and caused so much controversy! Just an FYI, I have decided to sail on the Caribbean Princess instead of Carnival either October 3 or 10 and look forward to meeting as many people as possible no matter what age they are! I had a brain fart when I mentioned the over 75 folks and am sorry I did.

Enjoy!

Larry we were on the Caribbean Princess Canada New England itinerary last Sept and about 5 years ago we were on the Canada New England sailing on Carnival's Victory. We of course had fun on both. Both were much older crowds, and we are in our 40's.

We went on the Historic Pub tour in Halifax. On our itinerary Halifax was last, most other sailings it was first. We said we wished we had done that first as it was a great time to meet people who are laid back & fun. This is an overpriced excursion, but a good time and a group of people who are just upbeat. So maybe that would interest you?

Archived