Private Island Beach Break

cespo

I am interested in Carnivals Private Island Beach Break. Unfortunatley, it is not showing available to prebook as a shore excursion. Does anyone know if this was available to book once you boarded.....or could it already be sold out.

Thanks

We are also interested in this, if you go to Carnivals main page and look at excursions it shows up, but if you go through my cruise and try to book it does not show up. I called got a Huh from the person I talked to, she didn't even know what Belize was:eek:, so I sent an e-mail , if I get a response I will let you know.

Thanks for letting me know if you get a response.....I sail in 96 days so if not I will let you know when I return

I haven't recieved a response so I checked online to see if it is offered it shows up now but when you try to reserve it dissapears again:confused: guess I'll wait and see if they have it on your cruise and if so just book it on board......thanks

Just got this e-mail from Carnival, makes no sense to me you can book other excursions as soon as you book but oh well here's what they had to say.

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We have received your e-mail message and appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Shore excursion usually will become available around 90 days prior to your sailing. The shore excursion Private Island Beach Break is not available for October yet. As it gets closer we might be getting tickets for October sailings

You can always see the excursions that are offered thru Carnival but you can not book online until you are about 90 days out. Some of them are even closer to sailing but if it is something you really want to do I would recommend booking ahead so you don't risk the chance of it being sold out - some of the excursions are very popular and do sell out

Belize is a pretty Island, once you leave the pier

What is the difference between this beach and the others? Is it worth the expense?
From my understanding, there are few public beaches on the mainland... something to do with the reefs!:o Even the 'local' vendors take you to Bannister Island... or another similar place! But then you have to take the tender to shore, then pay them to take you to the island!:rolleyes:

The Carnival tour 'picks you up at the ship', and takes you directly TO and FROM the island...:D We have this excursion booked in two weeks.. Will get back to everyone on what we find...:p

From my understanding, there are few public beaches on the mainland... something to do with the reefs!:o Even the 'local' vendors take you to Bannister Island... or another similar place! But then you have to take the tender to shore, then pay them to take you to the island!:rolleyes:

The Carnival tour 'picks you up at the ship', and takes you directly TO and FROM the island...:D We have this excursion booked in two weeks.. Will get back to everyone on what we find...:p

I don't see it listed yet for my cruise in September, but I am wondering what time(s) they are offering to take you on this excursion. Thanks.

I too have had the problem of not being able to book this excursion. We want to book it and I am interested in hearing how people have enjoyed it.

I guess I will wait until 90 days out and see what happens. If anyone else gets to book this tour, please post the info on here. Thanks.

I'm sailing on Carnival's Legend on the 21st of this month and booked Carnivals Private Island Beach for myself and two other cabins probably a month ago and had no problem doing so. That may have been because I was well within the 90 day thing but I was able to bring it up under my reservations / shore excursions and book it that way. In the past I have booked shore ecursions this way and have had the tickets in the room waiting for us when we boarded.

What CCL's telling you is correct. It has to do with them not having locked in the vendor and/or price yet. This happened a couple years ago on Princess and when I called them, that's what I was told. Not only that, they just give you the 90 days as a mark, but ours wasn't listed until 75 days prior.

Someone on our RC went on this excursion and said that it was wonderful. Between tendering directly onto "your" boat and brought directly to the beach, it was well worth it.

Hope this helps.

I am guessing that this would be the same island I visited on my RCI cruise a year and a half ago. It is Bannister Island...I think you will find a lot more info on the boards if you search "Bannister Island". My experience is that it was quite literally like being dropped on an island in the middle of the ocean. VERY peaceful and beautiful calm water. Great for just relaxing....I even got a beach massage. They have a small bar area to get beverages and I believe you get get a few food items too (we brought our own snacks from the ship). Had beach chairs and floating mats available for your use.

I don't see it listed yet for my cruise in September, but I am wondering what time(s) they are offering to take you on this excursion. Thanks.
Time-frame for the ONLY excursion (on CCL) to Bannister's Island is 930-ish to 130-ish, depending on 'tendering' issues..:( Tenders were rocking, so boarding was slow..

The 'island' was nice, but the only thing included is a Rum Punch or Punch Drink.. chairs/lounges were provided, as well as beach games.. Food was optional, and somewhat pricey.. Small gift shop.. Beer at the bar was $5.00.. Pop $2.00.. ! Optional (at cost) snorkeling trip!

Beach was 'shelly'.. Hard to walk near or in the water without water shoes.. Water wasn't clear..! This island is certainly not a 'resort'..

Private Island beaches, such as Half Moon Caye or Labadee are wonderful compared to this.. IMHO! Truthfully, it was OK, but not exactly what the DW and I expected...;)

Thanks to those who have shared their experience with Bannister Island (either thru a cruise line or private tour operator)..... I'm 66 days out from our Valor cruise and I don't see this offered as an option through Carnival - I keep checking every day. I can book through Coral Breezes or EcotoursBelize. Not sure which I'll choose.....I wish Carnival would offer it again as I prefer to book this through them since the tour leaves directly from the ship.

Thanks to those who have shared their experience with Bannister Island (either thru a cruise line or private tour operator)..... I'm 66 days out from our Valor cruise and I don't see this offered as an option through Carnival - I keep checking every day. I can book through Coral Breezes or EcotoursBelize. Not sure which I'll choose.....I wish Carnival would offer it again as I prefer to book this through them since the tour leaves directly from the ship.
We picked this tour, as it did go directly to Bannister's Island from the ship and back..:) They offered to take us to the mainland immediately after returning to the ship, so you could also see Belize City (or at least the shopping area)..:p

Could it be the "Private Beach Break" that they offer? I too would like to go to this location. :)

Could it be the "Private Beach Break" that they offer? I too would like to go to this location. :)

Yes, that is the excursion but for my booking it is not an option. I've looked almost daily to see if it comes back. It is listed as a general excursion on their website but when I go to my sailing and sign-in, it is not an option.

You are sailing within a few weeks on the Valor, do you see this as an option for your sailing?

Thanks!

I lost interest in this when I read you have to stay for four hours and can't return when you want. I heard there's little shade and sunblock isn't foolproof. What if you're sunburned or otherwise feeling ill or hurt yourself, etc. and need to get back to the ship? I don't want to be stuck there.

I lost interest in this when I read you have to stay for four hours and can't return when you want. I heard there's little shade and sunblock isn't foolproof. What if you're sunburned or otherwise feeling ill or hurt yourself, etc. and need to get back to the ship? I don't want to be stuck there.
That situation is the same with most any excursion one would book.. Especially this one, as the tender ride is 20 or so minutes, and they can't be shuttling people back and forth at will..:) Even a 'private' excursion to this island would be the same..

The logistics just aren't the same as Grand Cayman or COZ where you can just 'go to the beach at your leasure', and return whenever..:rolleyes:;)

ps: We weren't all that impressed with the 'beach' anyhow.. I think we'll do the Belekin Brewery our next trip to Belize!:D

Yes, that is the excursion but for my booking it is not an option. I've looked almost daily to see if it comes back. It is listed as a general excursion on their website but when I go to my sailing and sign-in, it is not an option.

You are sailing within a few weeks on the Valor, do you see this as an option for your sailing?

Thanks!

Hi, Brenda!

When I sign in and view excursions for that date, it does show up. It is between Lost World Canopy Tour and Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave. It is listed at 45.00 for 4 hours.

I think I saw somewhere that Bannister Island is the beach for Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break. Does this one show up when you log in?:)

Hi, Brenda!

When I sign in and view excursions for that date, it does show up. It is between Lost World Canopy Tour and Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave. It is listed at 45.00 for 4 hours.

I think I saw somewhere that Bannister Island is the beach for Barrier Reef Snorkel at Turneffe with Beach Break. Does this one show up when you log in?:)

I know our cruise isn't until October, but we can't book Bannister either. On the shore excursions there is nothing between the two that you posted. It does show up on the main page of shore excursions, but when we try to book it, it doesn't show as one available for our cruise.

I am hoping that it will show up somewhere between 60-90days. If not, I hope we can find something else to do.

We just came back from a cruise the week of June 27, 2009. Private Beach of Bannister Island in Belieze was awful.

1. Jellyfish in the water. Several children on our tender were stung while in the water.

2. There is virtually no shade on the island.

3. Calling the island a resort is a stretch by any definition. It is a collections of palm trees and thatched huts.

4. For the three cruise ships that sent customers to the island they did not have enough deck chairs for the third ship (my ship). Several of the customers had to sit in the eating area or stand up. Not a great option after you have paid $40 plus each to get this island.

5. There is just one volleyball court

6. The sole paddle boat was not working

7. Royal Caribbean refunded my excursion fee along with 50 others who complained.

Unless you get 50 of your fellow customers to demand passage back to the ship you are stuck on the island till your four hour tour is over.

Trust me look at the excursions offered and select another one. Worst case stay on the ship!

Archived