Cat 12

newsier

I have a cat 12 booked for one of the Canival Spirit's Hawaiian cruises next year.

It has been awhile since we have been on Carnival and am looking forward to returning.

I was wondering, besides the use of a large suite and balcony, what other perks and amenities come with a cat 12 penthouse?

Other cruise lines have private on-board lounges, use of a concierge, etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

for the most part, all you get is a bigger cabin. no concierge. no butler. no free corsage on formal nights. no premium shampoos or soaps. nonetheless, when sailing with a dh & kidlets, sometimes a larger cabin & a nicer balcony is enticement enough, ya know? plus, as the previous poster mentioned, you will pay substantially more on other cruiselines just to get that "free" stuff! ;)

We checked on a HAL Zuiderdam cruise in Cat. S, which looks the same as Cat. 12 CCL. The price for the HAL cruise was about $400 less p.p. and included the private lounge. Anyone out there have an experience with the HAL Z Cat S, let me know what the difference is. (We switched back to CCL due to a "group thing").

On our cruise on the Inspiration (Cat. 12 upgraded to PS), we were invited to a small cocktail party with the Captain, CD, and officers - about twenty of us in all.

We are on the Conquest next month in a Cat. 12 and, if I remember, will post what "extras" we receive.

BTW - We have thoroughly enjoyed our CCL cruises - both Cat. 12 or better.

Archived