Balcony Upgrade Drama!

lovebug33

Apparently, according to HAL, they should not have given me the upgrade to a balcony yesterday because they were all sold out and didn't know due to a computer glitch :eek:! So, they gave three people room A089. So, apparently two of us have to leave. The good news is that we are being given a verandah, just that it is a spa suite, which doesn't have the whirlpool bath but it does come with a yoga mat (yeah, I don't yoga!). She said it was all comparable. This whole thing sounds hokey, but they are giving us the BQ suite for free, which beats an HH any day, so I am quite happy. I guess my question is do y'all believe there really was a computer glitch or what?

On different occasions, I have experienced computer glitches with HAL. IMO I would believe them. After all, you are getting an upgrade. Did you have a whirlpool tub in the original cabin you booked?

Yeah. I mean, we are thrilled, because it's free and there's an I-Pod dock and I'm just excited we aren't in an HH. I guess it just sounded bizarre. I keep thinking they are going to take this one from us, too!

You know, I bet that there really was a computer glitch. However I can understand your being both thrilled that you were upgraded to a veranda and a bit disappointed that it isn't the wake view veranda that you thought that you had for about 36 hours. I would probably feel the same way, if I was in your shoes.

I'm just glad that they figured it out while they still had another veranda to put you into!

On the bright side, it sounds like those cabins in the addition were the ones that were most likely to have plumbing problems on the cruise that we have heard so many horror stories about. This way you won't have to worry that your toilet might randomly start flushing! :eek:

Yeah. I mean, we are thrilled, because it's free and there's an I-Pod dock and I'm just excited we aren't in an HH. I guess it just sounded bizarre. I keep thinking they are going to take this one from us, too!

I didn't realize any rooms had an iPod dock - is that becoming more of an standard item in certain categories?

Be happy. You don't want toilets randomly flushing. I never heard of that but that sounds terrible. Where does that come from?

As Loves To Dance mentioned, there were plumbing challenges (to WAY understate the problem) on the cruise immediately after Veendam refit. HAL dropped the ball, not allowing enough time in dry dock. Problem compounded when they didn't cancel the first scheduled cruise, and sent out a ship with construction crew aboard. :eek:

I didn't realize any rooms had an iPod dock - is that becoming more of an standard item in certain categories?
"Spa" cabinscon some ships, such as Eurodam and Veendam. I think they all end in the letter Q. (Mostly anyway!)

I don't want anybody to misconstrue. As I've said several times, we are so thrilled! I guess I am just always looking out for the conspiracy, the if it's too good to be true, it must be. I guess I'm still waiting for HAL to tell me it was all a hoax and I have to go back to "steerage" as DH calls it! And, I'm glad I am not in one of the sewage problem places! Dear goodness, that's gross!

I would tend to believe HAL's story about the computer glitch (unless your travel agent made a mistake and is trying to cover.) However, I can understand your disappointment. Maybe the spa cabin will turn out to be really interesting. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Let us know how it works out.

Archived