Just off Pride 5/23-5/30...

bcs819

full review with pics coming tomorrow, but am available to answer questions.....

Great time, love sailing out of Baltimore, ship is just as beautiful as I remember....

full review with pics coming tomorrow, but am available to answer questions.....

Great time, love sailing out of Baltimore, ship is just as beautiful as I remember....

Can't wait for your review. We will

be leaving in July for our 1st Aft wrap balcony!!:D

What time were you able to board? What time did you get to the port? We are traveling from PA, about a 4-5 hr drive. I know that you can usually get on earlier than they say, but we are travelling with my 77 yr old mother in law, and we didn't want to have her wait too long, but we didn't want to get their late either. Tell me whatever you can to make our

embarkation go a little more smoothly. We are on the Pride on 6/6. TIA for your help.

Holding my breath waiting to hear your review. I have something like 160 days left.. can't wait to see your pictures. (who cares about cruise-lag and laundry). Please come back SOON

What time were you able to board? What time did you get to the port? We are traveling from PA, about a 4-5 hr drive. I know that you can usually get on earlier than they say, but we are travelling with my 77 yr old mother in law, and we didn't want to have her wait too long, but we didn't want to get their late either. Tell me whatever you can to make our

embarkation go a little more smoothly. We are on the Pride on 6/6. TIA for your help.

Hi.

Boarding began at 1:00. We were VIP and were on by 1:15. My sister and her BF were not VIP and were able to board with us. They had arrived and checked in around 11:30 and were given zone 9. If she's in a wheelchair, I believe you can get assistance to get on.

We arrived back in Baltimore about 9:30am. Self assist began at 10:15 and ended at 11am. We were zone 1 and were off the ship at 11:15, pulled into our driveway outside Philly at 1:15. This is our 10th cruise and was the most organized debarkation ever.

Are the doors metal? Just wondering, was thinking of decorating and if i bought magnetic stick ons if they would stick...:D

I honestly don't know if they were metal, but if I had to guess, I would say yes. Bring that ever-touted roll of duct tape and you'll be good either way.

Can't wait! Hope you had as good of a time as we did on her last week. :D

we had a great time, and have nothing but great things to say about the ship, the staff and sailing out of Baltimore. I wish the itinerary was a little more exciting, as we would sail her again and again, but not to Freeport or Nassau. Those ports are just a waste of time, in our opinion, but Half Moon Cay made up for it.

Ship's photographers were the best weve seen as well. 10 cruises and we spent more on photos this trip than on alcohol.

we had a great time, and have nothing but great things to say about the ship, the staff and sailing out of Baltimore. I wish the itinerary was a little more exciting, as we would sail her again and again, but not to Freeport or Nassau. Those ports are just a waste of time, in our opinion, but Half Moon Cay made up for it.

Ship's photographers were the best weve seen as well. 10 cruises and we spent more on photos this trip than on alcohol.

I completely agree on the ports - we were on the six day to just Nassau and Freeport. We didn't leave the ship at all in Nassau and only for about 30 minutes in Freeport. It worked well for us this time as we were really just looking for some major downtime and relaxation this cruise. But I'd love to see them do a little longer cruise and get to St. Thomas or San Juan or St. Maarten. Bermuda would also be great!

I'm really surprised they started boarding at 1:15 - we were zone 7 getting off and didn't make it off the ship until 12:05! Very organized but way too many on our sailing tried to do self debark which slowed things down.

We live in Queen Annes county MD....right by the bay bridge where the ship goes under. We were at a tiki bar at the base of the bridge and saw the ship going under. It just gets me more excited for our trip in August. The sun was setting and I cant imagine a more beautiful time to go under the bay bridge.

Glad to hear you had a great time!!

Sandi

Since you were VIPs did you notice any wedding parties boarding with you? What time did you actually leave port?

Glad to hear you liked it. I've got two Pride cruises coming up. The first is Nov this year. Unfortunately, we are going to Port Canaveral instead of Half Moon Cay. I really hope Carnival changes their mind about that itinerary.

We are also from Philly. We are driving down the night before and parking our car at the Embassy Suites for the week. Did you notice taxis when you got off the ship?

thank you so much for your help.

How was the food and entertainment? Any good fly on acts?

Did you have a band by the pool / reggae band? How were they and their hours?

We actually commented on the last night that Carnival really stepped up their act on the beef dishes, all were good to very good. Buffet is still so-so, pizza was always fresh and hot, and too much corn meal in my opinion, but I seem to be a rarity. I thought Piano Bar Doug was awful, as did my sister, but others liked him. Marvin Todd was ok, a heckler actually had to be removed and threw him off. Tommy Drake was fabulous. We don't do the production shows anymore as we've seen most of them. Love and Marriage was great. There was a band by the pool, they seemed ok. We were hysterical on the first sea day when they did a reggae version of "who let the dogs out".

Did yoy leave on time? Do you remember what time went under the Bay Bridge? we have early seating and would hate to miss it. Thanks!

We left about 30 minutes late. Went under the first bridge about 30 minutes after that. Then under the second bridge (it was a double) around 8pm. We missed going OVER the Chesapeake Tunnel on the way out, but saw it on the way back in, around 12:30-1am.

Since you were VIPs did you notice any wedding parties boarding with you? What time did you actually leave port?

Glad to hear you liked it. I've got two Pride cruises coming up. The first is Nov this year. Unfortunately, we are going to Port Canaveral instead of Half Moon Cay. I really hope Carnival changes their mind about that itinerary.

We are also from Philly. We are driving down the night before and parking our car at the Embassy Suites for the week. Did you notice taxis when you got off the ship?

thank you so much for your help.

there was a wedding party that boarded with us. This VIP was not like others for us, maybe because of the arrival time. We were in a group waiting and as soon as the ship cleared, we all moved toward the ship, wedding party included. There were plenty of cabs available. We considered going the night before, but was thoroughly impressed with how easy the parking was to get in and get out, and there were plenty of open spaces (at least 50 right in front of the ship) when we sailed away. Unless the price for the hotel is close to $105 (the price for parking) I wouldn't do the hotel. We left the Philly area around 10am, arrived around 12:15 and were on board at 1:16pm (my mom called my cell as we were walking on so I have the time stamp). We walked off at 11:15 and pulled up in front of the house at 1:15. We leave about 10 minutes south of the airport.

BS189 - thanks for the info. Our first 4 cruises were from FL terminals and we always flew in the night before. Last year we cruised from NY loved not having to fly but missed that night before relaxation. Since this Nov cruise leaves on Sunday we thought we would it would be a nice start.

Archived