Fairbanks hotel

W5KAP

We are about 20 days out from our Princess Cruise Tour (22 June NB on the IP). We still don't know what hotel Princess is putting us in when in Fairbanks. Does anyone know when Princess assigns the rooms? And where in the Cruise Personalizer we can find out? We are in a mini-suite so not sure if that make any difference at all though we have heard runors that it might. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Kenn

Hi! We went on the Princess Arctic cruisetour last August. It was wonderful! In Fairbanks we stayed at the Princess Riverside resort. We were upgraded (we didn't do anything or ask for anything- just luck of the draw, I guess) to a 2 bath-one bedroom suite- we had a small living room and a foyer. Lovely room over looking the Chena river. For dinner that night we took the free shuttle to Pioneer Park for the best salmon we ever had- it is an outdoor buffet in a lovely grove. They cook salmon and prime rib over an open fire- they also fry halibut and cod and have all the other things to make a great meal. It cost $31 each last summer. There are indoor places to eat if it starts to rain- we were lucky, so we ate at a picnic table under the trees. There is a show , but we got there late, so we ate and then walked around to check out the machines the had around the park. Which tour are you going on?

Hi! We went on the Princess Arctic cruisetour last August. It was wonderful! In Fairbanks we stayed at the Princess Riverside resort. We were upgraded (we didn't do anything or ask for anything- just luck of the draw, I guess) to a 2 bath-one bedroom suite- we had a small living room and a foyer. Lovely room over looking the Chena river. For dinner that night we took the free shuttle to Pioneer Park for the best salmon we ever had- it is an outdoor buffet in a lovely grove. They cook salmon and prime rib over an open fire- they also fry halibut and cod and have all the other things to make a great meal. It cost $31 each last summer. There are indoor places to eat if it starts to rain- we were lucky, so we ate at a picnic table under the trees. There is a show , but we got there late, so we ate and then walked around to check out the machines the had around the park. Which tour are you going on?

Boy, you should be a TA!! You make it sound wonderful. The only tours we are doing in Fairbanks is the Riverboat and the gold panning tour. Our Princess cruise is called GA5. I must tell DW about the Pioneer park thing. I am not much on Salmon but she is. Now I do like Prime Rib!! The Princess Riverfront is where we're hoping to be but we still don't know. Glad you had such a wonderful trip. I have been to AK several times but my family has not. This trip is to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We will be doing the vow renewals on the ship as well. To say we are looking forward to it would be the biggest understatement of the year. Thanks for the great info.

Cheers, Kenn

We leave for Vancouver in 13 days and will be in Fairbanks in 15 days and we still don't know where we are staying. My TA said they will let her know 2 weeks in advance. I left another message.

Avis/Elliot

We leave for Vancouver in 13 days and will be in Fairbanks in 15 days and we still don't know where we are staying. My TA said they will let her know 2 weeks in advance. I left another message.

Avis/Elliot

Wow, I certainly don't feel bad after hearing that. I know we will get a room but I was just curious. I envy you the 13 days. Hope you guys have a wonderful trip.

Cheers, Kenn

We went on the sternwheeler on the Chena River- it is a very nice tour- but when your board the boat go all the way to the far side - there are seats both inside and outside , under cover and out in the open. Whichever you prefer, decide and then go for it , just make sure that there is no one between you and the view. One of the stops is at the home of the late Susan Butcher and you can only see it from the port side of the boat- even people who are right at the window opening stand to see better, so if you are further away you will not see much. They have a camera, and tv suspended from the ceiling, but a live view is best. On the boat they have snacks- doughnuts and coffee and then later they have salmon spread and crackers. Both great. We bought a 3can pack, ate it within a week and had to call and have them ship us a case!!!;)

Hi! We went on the Princess Arctic cruisetour last August. It was wonderful!

Sorry to highjack but I have had a hard time finding somebody who went on this trip. We are leaving in 7 days for a NB trip on the IP with the Artic cruisetour. How many people were on the trip. Obviously, for 2 days on a bus you end up getting to kind of know them. Was the two days on the bus a "long" time?

Thanks

Our land tour was 7 days followed by the 7 day cruise. We had never been on a bus tour before. The tour was great. We got along with everyone. The bus drivers were charming and knowledgable. The bus was comfortable (and I have back problems). We made lots of stops for sightseeing, etc. There is a bathroom on the bus, but with all the stops, we never had to use it. We were on the Coral Princess. Our trip started last August 18th and lasted 15 days. I wrote a review that is included with the member reviews. Ask me whatever you want here or start a new thread and I will look for an arctic cruisetour title.;)

Archived