Onboard credit

Camgirl

Can I implore everyone who bought onboard credit (see earlier thread) to check it is on your account as early as you can on a cruise. We didn't check until the third day, then found it was not there. All eventually sorted out, but only with difficulty and a bit of distress.

We still had a fantastic time and can't wait to cruise again, but would check any onboard credit as soon as possible next time!

Sarah

Slighty concerned why it wasn't there.I've also purchased OBC and no receipt given which I believe to be standard.Did you take your credit card co bill for OBC with you.I think I will now make a point of having this with me now!Many thanks for raising this issue.:)

Ask your TA to check your reservation in POLAR and give you a copy to take with you if you have an onboard credit. This is a copy of your reservation from Cunard landside's own system, so if there is a land vs sea discrepency this form will be accepted by the Purser's office.

J

On board credits often do not show up until several days into the cruise, so I would give it 3 days then ask for a print out , this way you can see not only your credit but your expenditure. When the cruise is longer than 6 days I often get a print out at least twice before the final account.

I have had problems with OBC, not receiving anything to getting only half the amount etc. It can take a few visits to get it straight, the staff at the desk can be "indifferent" and will tell you that you are "mistaken" or "take it up with your agent when you get home" Do NOT accept this, it needs to be put right while you are on board.

We checked on the third day (friday) and were told they could not do anything until the next tuesday as it was a bank holiday weekend! The girl would not accept proof from our statement even though it mentioned Cunard by name. She said it had to be sorted by the land side people. We were getting off on the wednesday, so this was no good at all. My husband tried to get the girl to write something down, even just a signature as proof that we had taken it up with them on the boat (in case it was all unresolved). She would not do anything. He tried raising a complaint, asking for a copy for that. She still would not give us anything. we were told we would have to wait until they contacted us on tuesday. We were not to contact them. My husband went off to the computer room to see if there was anything he could come up with. A minute or so later he was spoken to by a man saying he was the auditor, saying it was all sorted out!! I have no idea why the girl could not have gone to him in the first place, or even mentioned his existance. We had visited the desk twice over the matter by then.

Next time we will check as soon as we are able to. I hope no-one else has a problem, but if you do, ask to speak to the auditor.

Sarah

Archived