Disembarking with grandchild at ports

julee407

We're part of a large group going on a Carnival 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. My daughter and husband along with their 15 month will be on this cruise. My husband and I are wanting to let them go on an excursion in Cayman without their daughter. We are planning on just doing the beach thing and bringing the granddaughter with us. Has anyone disembarked with a grandchild at one of the ports without the parents present, and is there any problem doing that? Thanks for your help!

I don't think you will have any problems. We went on a cruise with friends in January, and my 9 year old son did not want to go to the beach in Progreso with us, so he stayed at Camp Carnival. My friends picked their kids up from camp and my son decided he wanted to go to the beach after all so he signed himself out, got his swimsuit on, and left the ship with them to meet us in the shopping area. They're not related to us, and there was nothing "associating" us with them in any way through the ship, but they were able to walk off the ship with our son. With that in mind, I'd imagine you will have no trouble taking your grandchild to the beach.

Just don't forget to make sure you have her S&S card with you. My neice went back to the ship early one time and had her sister's 4 yo DD's S&S. When we tried to return to the ship they would not let the 4 yo on until someone went on the ship, found our neice with the card and brought it back down to the gangway. It took about a half hour all together while we waited out in the hot sun.We kinda thought since she was only 4 she probably was not a stowaway and maybe they could let her on and have her mother bring the card back down and ding her back on board. Nope we had to keep her outside. Other than that no problem. Cindy

IMy friends picked their kids up from camp and my son decided he wanted to go to the beach after all so he signed himself out, got his swimsuit on, and left the ship with them to meet us in the shopping area. They're not related to us, and there was nothing "associating" us with them in any way through the ship, but they were able to walk off the ship with our son. With that in mind, I'd imagine you will have no trouble taking your grandchild to the beach.

I think that's just a little bit scary that one of your children could leave the ship withour your knowledge and with no one associated with you.:confused:

You will probably have no problems.

BUT

What happens if your grandchild needs emergency medical care and you can't reach the parents?

What happens is your grandchild gets cranky, screems, and doesn't want to go with you? Will some one think there is a kidnapping and call the police?

Modify the form below to fit the circumstances. You may never need it, but if you do, there's one less thing to worry about.

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date:_____________________

I (we):_____________________________________________ _________________

authorize my/our minor child(ren):_______________________________________ ____

to travel to:_________________________________ on:_________________________

aboard Airline/Flight Number:________________________________________

and/or Cruise Ship:_____________________________________________ with:

__________________________________________________ __________. Their expected

date of return is _______________________.

In addition, I (we) authorize:______________________________________ to consent

to any necessary routine or emergency medical treatment during the aforementioned trip.

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Address:________________________________________

Telephone:______________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _______ day of _______________, 20____

Notary Public Signature and Seal

I think that's just a little bit scary that one of your children could leave the ship withour your knowledge and with no one associated with you.:confused:

Oh, it definitely freaked me out as well! I wasn't at all thrilled with the situation, on several levels. I just wanted to share it here b/c I figured it might help.

did have this contact for ocho rios Jamaica if anybody was interested -

Courtney Taylor courtney_tay@yahoo.com

ochoriostoursja.com/

> wrote:

Hello Simon,

I will be available as soon as you book this tour.

The cost for the day is $20pp

Other costs pp

Dunns River $15

Tubing $20

shopping

lunch

Sky explorer and zipline $104.00pp

Beach and lunch

Sight Seeing in the mountain

Bob Marley Tour

Horseback

tubibing

waterslide

These are entrance fee that you must pay to see/do the attraction.

Thank You

Courtney Taylor

JamRock Tours Ocho Rios

Jamaica.

Archived