car seats

cjf

We have 3 and 4 year old sons and will take some private van tours in Greece. What are the legal requirements for car seats in private tours?

I dont know your answer but have you asked the tour company if they can provide car/booster seats for the tour?

We have 3 and 4 year old sons and will take some private van tours in Greece. What are the legal requirements for car seats in private tours?

The only legal requirement I know is that children must be at least 10 to sit in the front seat. However, Greece has an extremely high accident rate. Bring the car seats if your tour operator cannot provide them. IMO, it would be crazy not to.

I travel with a product - that I found out about from some on these boards last year much thanks to whoever that was btw - called the Ride Safer Travel vest. You can google for the information from the company and it is sold at elitecarseats.com for around $100. It is only for kids 35# and up, but it might work for your kids. It is a vest, needs lap/shoulder belt combination seatbelt, or lap belt only with a top tether. The vest doesn't look safe but it has been throughly tested and actually is pretty safe.

I would also contact the company to find out if 1) if the vans have seatbelts and 2) if the company can provide carseat/booster. Here in the US, it is required by law that kids be in carseats, so most tour operators have them available. If carseats/boosters are not required in Greece, it is less likely they will be available but you won't know if you don't contact them directly.

Archived