Souvenier DVD's

Golfgrl1911

I really need some input on this subject so I'm sure you all will be helpful.

I purchased a souvenier DVD (for $24.95) on the last night of our cruise in September. Upon returning home we found it to be defective. I called HAL to report this defect to them to find out how we could rectify the situation. I was told that others had complained of the same problem & was given the name & number of the "company" that performed the service of creating the DVD's. I called the company and got a message that they were out of the country, to leave a message and they would get back to me. Well it is now the middle of December and I have still not heard from this company. Am I supposed to just call this a loss? Does HAL know that they are hiring companies that do not respond to legitimate complaints or do they just not know of the ill practices of the companies they hire? Thank you all, Chef Nancy

I know HAL uses these folks as contractors, so they don't "control" the business. However, if numerous problems have been reported, I don't see how HAL can simply disavow knowledge and tell you "it's your problem." Pretty sad. Especially at the ridiculous cost of the DVD. :rolleyes:

Good luck in getting a new DVD or your money back.

With HAL no longer "really" in charge of this area - contracted out - you may probably never get your money back.

Just a thought - did you get to view the DVD on the ship - like in the Wajang Theatre to know if it was really what you wanted?

We viewed it from the T.V. set in our cabin. There were numerous couples that we'd spent time w/ on the cruise! I just want to be able to watch it with out it stopping in mid frame and not starting back up again...........this problem occurs on each section of the DVD. I don't care if I get a new one or my money back at this point........just one or the other! I do know that I will NEVER buy a DVD of the cruise EVER again on HAL! I am somewhat of an expert on customer service and to not have a business respond to my message is a slap in the face!

If the company does not respond to you here are several ideas that I needed to use in the past. Some worked others didn/t

BBB complaint for HAL and the contractor

State Attorney Generals office. Your state, HAL/s home state, where the ship embarked, Contractors home state

Small claims court against HAL and contractor.

Very few will follow the process all the way through. The ones that do get rewarded.

We bought a video tape of our May Westerdam RT from Venice after someone told us we were in it (less than five seconds, it turned out).

It was defective and we called the number on the tape, as I recall. It was a firm in England and we got a new tape a few weeks later. I was impressed with the service.

However, if you ever see us on another tape or DVD please keep it to yourself. Thank you.

{Actually, the views of the ship entering and leaving Venice made it all worthwhile.)

Archived