Carnival Glory - Review and Pictures 8/23/2008

sub_man_85

Greetings

On Saturday 23rd August 2008 my family and I cruised on the fun ship Carnival Glory. We booked 2 cabins on Deck 8397 and 8399 for the Exotic W. Caribbean from Port Canaveral. This was our first balcony cabin on a cruise. If you enjoy cabin time I would recommend a balcony and I have booked another balcony for our cruise on the fun ship Carnival Pride. It was a great family vacation and over all good value for money. I had to book 2 cabins for my family of 5 for the 7 night cruise, which did increase the cost. I believe Carnival Dream will have cabins for a family of 5. That will help make family cruising more affordable.

The cabins were clean and in good shape. The service crewmembers did a great job and worked hard to provide a good vacation experience. Yes there were some up's and down's on this cruise but I think this is to be expected on any trip. The escalator broke down on disembarkation at Port Canaveral which created a large "passenger jam".

The meals onboard were presented nicely and very tasty. We had supper each night in the Platinum restaurant. Once again the service staff did a good job learning our names and drink preferences. Breakfast and lunch was enjoyed at the lido deck Red Sail restaurant. We opted for the soda fountain cards and my DD's were given the green light for 7 days of unlimited soda consumption lol. I lost count of the number of trips we made to the soft serve yoghurt - ice cream machines on the lido deck.

We brought on board 1 bottle of wine each to be enjoyed in our cabin. Don't forget to bring a corkscrew like myself lol. A corkscrew can also be purchased in the gift store. We did make use of the laundry onboard ship (deck 8) and you need some coins for the machines and laundry soap.

DW and I had 1 DD in each of the youth programs. Camp Carnival, Circle C and Club O2. Each DD gave a thumbs up for their programs. Each day we would review the up coming programs to pick and choose the best options. Having registration and wristbands and a check in - check out system is a good idea.

Our one organized shore excursion was planned as an educational experience for youngest DD who was studying Mayan Civilization at school. We took the Xunantunich excursion, which included a 2 hour plus bus trip into the mountains at Belize. It was very hot and humid which made climbing the ruin uncomfortable. A hat and cool clothing is recommended. We purchased bottled water onboard before tendering ashore.

I consider Carnival Cruises to be good value for money for the budget conscious traveler. I did look at booking a Disney cruise for 5 from Cape Canaveral but it was out of my price range. DW and I cruised RCCL Nordic Prince from New York in 1990 and had a wonderful vacation. I believe each cruise line has something to offer the vacation market and I think competition between the cruise lines if worthwhile.

I'm still learning the ropes on how to post with photos but please enjoy the jumble of amateur photos taken on our vacation.

Cheers,

Sub_man_85

Sail away was very exciting and a first time experience for my 3 DD's.

AUGUST23VACATION001.jpg

AUGUST23VACATION002.jpg

AUGUST23VACATION003.jpg

AUGUST23VACATION004.jpg

AUGUST23VACATION006.jpg

AUGUST23VACATION007.jpg

Archived