Luggage Handling on Amtrak and buses

laginog

For those of you that have done Amtrak and Buses from Vancouver to Seattle, how is the luggage handled? We will have quite a bit of luggage and only two guys in our group of five, one older and one semi-handicapped. I'm also handicapped and the other ladies in our group are older. So....I guess what I'm trying to ask is....will we be responsible for lugging it aboard and "packing" it somewhere ourselves...or do they do that for you? We're trying to decide whether it will be easier to stick with a rental van for 5 of us and do the "border crossing" ourselves (we have one reserved through Hertz, just in case), or do Amtrak, Princess bus, or Quickshuttle. On the other "methods of transportation" I've mentioned, do they handle the luggage for you? Thanks for any help or other suggestions.

I can answer for the bus. You deliver your luggage to the bus and the driver packs it. He also takes it off for you at the border, you are responsible for it while you go through customs and then you just take it back to the bus and the driver reloads it.

Archived