transportation from Venice to Venice airport

sybcpa

Any suggestions? Our flight on 7/18 is at 7:30am -Lufthansa --Venice to Franklfort. Interested in easy transportation. :)

We are Elaine & Sy-early 60's from NJ-Elaine is a teacher and I'm A CPA. Anyone else on this cruise from NJ?

Hi Elaine & Sy.

There is a Bus service from Piazza Roma (about 1 mile from Cruise Terminal) to Venice Marco Polo Airport the journey takes about 20 minutes. the cost is $3 per person I have used it several times. I have pasted a link below to the ATVO timetable.

My wife & I will be joining the ship on the 18th July for the 24 BtoB. disembarking in Barcelona.

We have friends who live on Holmes Street, West Orange, NJ, we met them on a cruise in the Caribbean several years ago

http://www.atvo.it/images_doc/linee/Venezia-M.Polo2010.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from a Barcelona to Venice cruise. You would NEVER want to pull all your luggage to Plaza Roma. It is a looooong way. My mother and I used http://www.venice-airports-shuttle.com. The charge was set ahead of time at 38 euros. The driver was supposed to meet us at 8:30am but getting off the ship went so smoothly that we exited the terminal at 8:10am and there was the driver with my name on a sign. He took our luggage, put it in a nice van and had us at the airport by 8:30. I was very impressed and it was no hassle at all. I would highly recommend them.

• 6 years later...

there are several options to reach the airport. Where is your starting point?

Piazzale Roma is where buses and cars leave Venice for the airport. If your hotel is nearby, a land taxi will be about 40E or the ATVO express bus is 8E.

Another option would be private water taxi, about 100E, but the dock is about 7-8 minute walk to the airport. (luggage carts are available)

http://europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/vi-transport.htm

For a 7:30am flight, I would only consider a pre-arranged taxi to Marco Polo. Walking with luggage to People Move, get to P. Roma then take ATVO bus is just too time consuming and laborious.

The taxi are usually vans that could seat 5+ pax + luggage at a preset price - 35 to 50 Euros.

6 weeks ago my family used Ombri Transfer - Marco the owner was our driver.

info@ombritransfer.com (His quote of 35euro for 5 of us was so low that I was a little apprehensive. We end up riding in a new Mercedes Van on time to VCE).

another well reviewed company that gave me a quote was

ekiprent@tiscali.it

VCE is notorious with crowds and lines. It's great that you are planning ahead.