Formal nights on Baltic Cruises

Max2003

Two questions please!

Can any recent traveler confirm how many formal nights the 10 day Baltic Sea cruises (such as Eurodam) have and which nights they are. I assume that the two "at sea" days would be logical but the question is whether the probable third is in port in St Petersburg or elsewhere.

Also, has anyone taken the HAL excursion "Gala Evening at the Yusopov Palace" in St Petersburg? What was your impression?? It shows as being "formal". Did the attendees follow this requirement and did most wear tuxedos??

Thanks

Three- and yes the third was on the second day in St Petersburg but we were all back on the ship so even the early diners had no problem getting to the dining room - fatigue was probably a bigger issues- rest up on that one sea day because you have 5 intensive shore days- You will have a great time - We notices that those coming on in Copenhagen were rather travel weary with the air flight and port the following day - we had already been on 18 days with the crossing and quite relaxed - maybe knowing this ahead of time will help - definitely sleep on the plane and skip those delicious inflight meals and the movies they are showing will probably on the ship anyway! Enjoy! Beware - it does not get dark until very late- and light very early - very tricky cause your body has not done a time adjustment - I found myself looking at my watch and being startled that it was 10:30 and very light! Have fun!

Has anyone taken the HAL excursion "Gala Evening at the Yusopov Palace" in St Petersburg? What was your impression?? It shows as being "formal". Did the attendees follow this requirement and did most wear tuxedos?

I am trying to confirm if I have two formal tuxedo nights in a row.

Thanks

bcirish,

Good caution about those 5 port days in a roll.

When and how did you find out about the ship shuttle for the various ports? Seems to me most ports we will be close to the center of activities, but Copenhagen and Helsinki docks are probably the furthest away.

For Stockholm, Gamla Stan seems to be only about 1 mile walk away. Is that your experience too?

Archived