Millenium Oct. 13 05- shore tours

Sweet Home Alabama

Hi, I'm losing track of the shore excursions, there seem to be so many available. I'm not planning to do too much but my DH is another story. He loves excursions. For the Greek islands, I was thinking of just getting off the ship and having a look round with no excursions. I'm considering the ship's excursions for Rome (and possibly Florence) as I've read reports of heavy traffic and unreliable transport leading to people missing the boat.

I've never sailed with Celebrity before. With Princess, I did a mix of the Princess excursion, ones recommended through the board and my own thing.

I can't beleive how organised people are on our cruise, I wish I was that together. I have to get Christmas sorted first though and then focus on the cruise.

Soraya

We (two couples) are planning to be on your cruise as well. However, can't make any plans until March when my husband sees what his bonus will be. We currently have our flight booked through the cruiseline, but will look for better fares after the new year.

No problem. Contact me at gayleman@aol.com and we will coordinate. Regarding airfare, we called American directly and got a decent airfare our of Atlanta. I see you are from Tennesee, what city? :confused:

Im on the same cruise as ya'll... It's been hard deciding on excursions this far in advance. My husband and I have decided to do private tours with some other people in the south of france, florence and rome. Probably a boat tour in Naples... and the rest on our own. What's even more difficult is deciding due to celebrity pulling all excursions while they update the info.

Isn't it frustrating when they do that. I managed to have a quick look at the excursions before I booked. I remember them being on the expensive side, $60 to do Florence on your own for example!

I'll have a look and see if I saved the details of the excursions if that would be helpful for your planning.

Soraya

Soraya,

I was on top of it and printed a couple excursions that looked interesting. I booked a few private tours with a couple of others because I am sure Celebrity will be raising the prices in the coming year. It will cost me about the same for a private tour as it would for the ships excursion. 7 people? or 50 people? I think I made the right choice.

If you need some info of the ships excurions... I might be able to email you the details if you don't have them and are intersted. just let me know.

Christina

Yep! My Mom grew up in Winnetka.

$639 from Atlanta, Madrid , Barcelona. We booked early to use of FF miles to upgrade- PS My company runs Holston Army Depot in Johnson City. Be up there next week. :o
I thought Holston was in Kingsport? :rolleyes:

$639 is a great price! That is round trip back from Venice isn't it?

Thanks for the tip on airfare. I will check into it.

If you lived here in the Tri-Cities, you would know that we consider ourselves very separate from each other. LOL :D Although my DH is from Kingsport, we love the people there and use to live there, JC has so much more to offer. Bristol is a dead town.

Where in AL are you from? Have cousins in both Montgomery and Birmingham.

Naples is a tough one... so much to do and see, so little time. I was thinking of doing the ships excursion for sorrento, pompeii, and capri. I could do without Pompeii... so if anyone finds a tour and you are planning on exluding that, let us know.

For Athens... I have a family friend who lives there who might have the time to gives us the tour. Otherwise, I speak Greek fluently which would make it very easy for me to get around.

wow blssflsea, if what I read about the taxi drivers in Athens is true, then that's a very useful skill to have.

Mind you , everyone says that taxi drivers in London are rude, but thats' really not been my experience at all, so the Athens guys could just be getting bad press.

Soraya

No... It's not just a bad rap. They are jerks and will take advantage of anyone who doesn't know the language. It happened to my sister and mother a few years ago. They got into the cab not speaking any greek... after being taken around in circles for about 20 min, they decided to speak up. Quickly the cab arrived at the correct destination and an adjustment was made to the fare. I hear it has gotten better since the olympics.

London is such a great city. I was there as a young teenager. I got lost and it took me nearly all day to find my way. But I enjoyed every minute of it.

Hi everyone, we are on the Millie 10-1-2005 12 day cruise and will be getting off while you are getting on.

Have gone to the excursion page on Celebrity's web site, and can not get any information on shore excursions - they say they are updating them.

Do you know how we can get this information for each of our ports - it is the same cruise as yours, except we start in Venice and end up to pick up all of you in Barcelona.

Archived