Great time on the Zui

skippycruises

Hello All,

Just back from the Dec 4th trip on the Zuiderdam, here's my review, please understand that these are our opinions only:D There were four of us late 20's, who have sailed on the Veendam in Nov of last year.

Stayed the night prior at the Best Western Marina. It was fine for the night, right across from the port. The only thing that we didn't care for was the fact that they schedule your time to go to the port! It worked in our favor though, as we were in line by 10:45 am, and the doors opened promptly at 11am. Embarkation was painless, we wre given #2 and on the lido eating by 11:30!

Had cabins 5140 and 5137 on the rear "bump" of the ship. The verandas were windy the first few nights, and after that they were fine...we just won't book a cabin like that again. FYI- the verandas on deck five are shorter than on the other decks. There was a toilet problem in our area(vacuum pressure) the front desk sent a letter explaining about it, and the problem was resolved by the next day. One night also on the same deck, midship there was an a/c issue for a few hours. The only reason we knew about it was by walking down the hallway.

Half Moon Cay was absolutley magnificent. Booked the sky blue cabana and enjoyed the day.

St Thomas did the Coral World/Snokeling. We didnt snorkel, just spent the time at Coral World. It was allright, it would be short on time if you did both as we only had 2 hrs total.

Tortola we did the jeep 4x4 safari. Had an excellent guide-Joe. I would highly recomend it! The scenery, and the beach. Weather was spotty, as it rained off and on. Got to swim in the ocean in the rain, then the sun came out-wonderful!. Beware though, we booked thinking we had our own jeep, like it was in Cozumel. It was actually an 8 pass safari type Land Rover-Still worth every penny! Shared the Trip with 2 great couples from New Mexico.

Nassau- did our own thing, wasn't too impresses. Very pushy, reminds me of Jamaica.

Loved the ship, just prefer the Veendam class (S?). The Ship was full 2024 pass, the only time we noticed was at the Lido during key meal imes-ie-8 am, 12 noon, and debarkation ,morning. Next time we'll get room service on the final morning. Didn't miss a night in the DR service was slow, but that was fine with us! Stewards simply have too many tables. Desserts went downhill since last year, fun to look at, simply no taste. Betty Crocker cakes would have tastes better. Plenty of things to do. DW won in bingo once Kitchen tour was great. Noticed a wider variety of pass. Some younger ones thought they wereon Carnival, I'd say the age range was 18-100. Can't wait to go back on the Veendam Nov12 2005. I'll be happy to answer any questions that I can!

What do you mean by "shorter"? If you mean deeper, were all the verandas on that deck deeper or just your inside corner?

Hello All, ...snip... Had cabins 5140 and 5137 on the rear "bump" of the ship. The verandas were windy the first few nights, and after that they were fine...we just won't book a cabin like that again. FYI- the verandas on deck five are shorter than on the other decks...snip

Archived